Popular things to do
- Full-day Tours
- Day Trips
- Speciality Museums
- Private Sightseeing Tours
- 4WD Tours
- Shopping Malls
- Night Tours
- Half-day Tours
- City Tours
- Bus Tours
- Art Galleries
- Private Day Trips
- Nature and Wildlife Tours
- Hiking Tours
- Historical Tours
- Sporting Events
- Airport & Hotel Transfers
- Likely to Sell Out
- Top Picks
- Luxury & Special Occasions
- Special Offers
- Shopping Tours
- Weddings & Honeymoons
Top Attractions in Muscat
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- As a non-muslim tourist, entry times are restricted, so check first - It's beautiful, extravagant, huge and offers the chance to understand a little more of the faith.Written 27 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We took the tour through here on our way to muttrah, staff were lovely and the building itself is unreal.Written 21 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Wadi is amazing. Its desert meets tropical climate meets fresh water meets mountains. Really nice temperature to swim in as well. Even in the summer months! What I don't see here is guidance that the water is actually quite deep. Reaching over 3 meters at some points so recommended that you are a decent swimmer.Written 5 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- beautiful place. Rent a car before you go there - amazing colors for the water. Don't go during Eid season since it was very crowded, we couldn't swim in the water.
make sure to go early morning, we went around noon, and it was very hot.
Ladies should wear conservative clothes (not above the knee, and no spaghetti straps)
make sure to make a stop later to "Fins" beach, it's very close to the sinkhole.Written 16 May 2022
- Beautiful museum. Well done. Very interesting and interactive. Full history of Oman, even showing 2 million years old artifactsWritten 4 June 2022
- nice country with kind people ، but expensive ، you can rent a car and visit another cities expect muscat like nizwa , bahla , sur and salalehWritten 18 April 2022
- This definitely is one of the best beaches in Muscat and having a long walk there feels therapeutic. Anytime of the day is suitable to visit this place and is also lined with fine cafes which makes it even better.Written 17 February 2022
- liked it alot as its not so much into nation building like museum but more into real life
there are a few floors, main hall dedicated to life of the tribes and their living and customs.
one floor full of stamp collections!Written 6 March 2022
- We stopped here on a cruise excursion that combined a tour of the city center with a stop at the Souq. As an amateur photographer I found the combination of old and new worlds to be interesting subjects. My suggestion: travel light. My DSLR with a zoom lens was a great choice. The city center shots needed speed due to the motion of the bus. The choice of zoom lens made for easy and quick grab shots. As always watch for distracting reflections in bus windows. look ahead to be prepared for opportunities. Ps: we traveled here just before the pandemic hit.Written 26 October 2020
- Nice place to be. You will enjoy if you are a currency lover. So much collection under one roof, simply amazingWritten 25 March 2019
- we couldn't visit it, however it's beautiful! it was right in front of our hotel - beautiful architecture and the lighting makes it even more specialWritten 16 May 2022
- Very simple place to eat well for the amount of the bill.Salad,hommous are very fresh and the portions are large.The bread is an absolute dream you have to try to eat it when hot.At the end of the meal,for a perfect digestiona perfect tea:clove tea!Enjoy!!Written 22 January 2020
- A great experience when you travel to Muscat.. The drive from Muscat to Qantab itself is great, and once you reach the beach its quite unique in its views.
Boating is available for those who like that. Avoid summer as its typically hot.Written 5 March 2020
- This mall contains a different variety of shops. all brand shops are available here. this place is very good for shopping.one of the biggest malls in Oman.Written 6 August 2020
- The Sifah beach is a great location for camping. The white beach is a treat for the eyes and a great location for an outing with family or friends. The beach is also suitable for a swim depending on the tidal variations. There are certain sections of the beach that are cordoned off for development activities. Run a check before occupying the location to avoid inconvenienceWritten 27 June 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Muscat
- The best day trips from Muscat according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Wadi Shab and Bimmah Sinkhole Private Full Day Tour
- Snorkeling at Dimaniyat Islands and Dolphin Watching
- Day Trip to Nizwa & Jabal Shams (The Grand Canyon of Oman)
- Discover the South and Wadi Shab from Muscat
- Half-Day Muscat City Tour