Top Attractions in Ipswich
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- The sheer beauty of the greenery and the pool surrounded by rhododendron. Balm to the soul. Quirky little tea room and stunning exhibition in The Mansion of Constable paintings and drawings most of which I hadn't seen before.Written 27 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The town is dull but the waterfront rescues it. Cafes, restaurants and a University campus. Lively, young and dynamic. Go.Written 3 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This is a wonderful gem of a museum. It's run by volunteers and has a vast collection of Trolley buses, trams and much, much more all beautifully restored. Anyone with the slightest interest in transport, in local or social history will be spellbound by this museum. The low entry fee and knowledge of the staff as you wonder round is exemplary. Most of the exhibits allow visitors to enter (unlike many museums) This makes it an even better experience. Thoroughly recommendWritten 8 November 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Christchurch mansion is a nice place to visit if you're in Ipswich. It's got a good range of historical items on display including paintings. It doesn't take more than an hour to go round, but it's worth it because it's like stepping back into time and seeing what quirky things wealthy people used on a daily basis in the olden days!Written 7 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Visited here recently for the first time with my daughter and we had such a lovely day. It was slightly raining but that didn’t affect our visit at all! Baylham is such a calm place to visit and it was lovely to see the little pigs running freely around. We loved the bunny barn and helped with goat grooming the cafe was also nice!Written 11 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- For more years than necessary to recall, Hollow Trees /Semer Farm Shop has been my first point of call for all things butchery, eggs - and plants too, Nothing compares, especially when adding the excellent service received from all the staff.
(The rating would be the full 5 stars other than for what I am about to impart.)
As with any forward thinking business the place has expanded over the years - one would hope for the good of all. But this last 'improvement' has left a certain group of us shoppers rather disappointed, - the 'us' being those casually met while alighting or returning to our cars in the disabled parking area. The general grumbles are on how far away this area is from the entrance to the shop. The other day two cars turned around and left without stopping because of this, muttering that some supermarkets don't get our custom either because of this lack of consideration.
To say we can ask for help is in no way the same as allowing us the same independence as other shoppers - for the sake of goodwill alone, please reinstate a few spaces as before.Written 6 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Staff were friendly and The Devine Comedy amazing. The wait for refreshments at the interval was the only negative point.Written 8 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This is a good museum to visit the Egyptian section is our favourite part. Could do with a freshen up in areas and perhaps take things away because some rooms can be cluttered. Definitely worth a visit has great potential.Written 25 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- An excellent modern theatre. Good views from all seats. Facilities clean, staff friendly. We went to see Burke and Hare which was excellent and suited this theatre. Good parking nearby.Written 14 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- What a wonderful space for Ipswich (and visitors too) to enjoy ! - Only been a couple of times, but discover something new each time. And did not realise quite how big it is..... expansive. The kids play equipment is second to none. Only negative point is that the cafe and the kiosk were both closed last Sunday (possibly covid-19 staffing issues !) - other than that it would be a 5 star rating. Fully recommendedWritten 21 January 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Very picturesque, and a peaceful place to go. It is usually clean with hardly any litter, and people seem to use the bins which is nice. I wish there were more toilets, sometimes when you are at the wrong end of the park, it is a real pain in the butt to go all the way to the other end just to use them. I like that there are ducks and moorhens and woodpeckers in the park, it is clearly a safe haven for local nature and that is nice to see. Dog walkers are a mixed bag here. Many don't keep their dog on the lead, which has caused me problems in the past - once, a dog even ran up to me and s tole my entire pizza which I had just carried for 45 minutes from the nearest pizza takeaway....!!! So just beware if you're having a picnic, that most dogs are not on leads hereWritten 7 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We paid a visit on bank holiday Monday having not been before. Having seen the tv programme and looking forward to seeing the farm animals and local produce, my expectation wasn’t quite in line with reality.
Don’t get me wrong, it’s a nice park with plenty of animals and things to keep kids occupied for a whole day, which is great. I feel that it’s morphed from a simple farm to more of a zoo park now, it’s high personally was a little disappointing. I’d have liked to have seen more of the pigs and cows that create the produce. I’d also like to see more of a direct li k from field to fork.
Having said that, we had a great day. It’s clean and fresh, staff are friendly and exhibits are good. The downside for us was that the queue for an icecream was over half an hour with only two staff in there. That should have been expected and staffed on a bank holiday better. Lack of local farm produce in the shop, for me anyway. Also, with someone in a mobility scooter, the oaths were deep with gravel in places meaning we got stuck and had to drag and dig out. Others fell into the traps with scooters and pushchairs. Sadly not as disabled friendly as it could be.
Yes I’m picking but it’s a balanced review, still a great day out and would recommend.Written 7 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We went for the banger racing and caravan destruction derby. There was plenty of parking, the racing was fun, the caravans were crazy, the kids loved it. The toilets were clean, there was food available and shops to buy merchandise. A really good experience all roundWritten 20 October 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Suffolk show is a brilliant agricultural show for family, friends and couples. We tend not to go every year as sometimes it is the same thing. They have something for everyone from farm animal interactions, displays in the arena, equestrian competitions and sports activities.
It is a really good day to spend with your other half or family. They have amazing stalls where you can buy anything from clothes to hot tubs! Very easy to spend money that you currently do not have! They also have a wide range of food stalls and vans to choose from, you will have a hard time choosing what you want.
I would highly recommend buying a ticket and going as it is an amazing day out!Written 5 June 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We had a good visit to the arc with our 3&4 year old girls. Some bit they found a bit scary and the eeiry music playing in the background and the statues are very abstract but we soon got over this and they still telling family and finds about the arc a few weeks later.
There is a one way system in place and loos are open. Kids are given a quiz to do and get a treat at the end for completing their quiz. Lots to see and learn and a very bespoke experience. They unsure how much longer they will be in Ipswich so hurry and book!Written 4 August 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Ipswich