63 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Relatively convenient by bus from near our hotel. If in Tromso, you should not pass up the cable car. The view from the top is exciting. The restaurant is a little expensive, but a good place to warm up from the cold.Written 22 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The view was amazing with the fall colors. It is definitely a worthy trip to go and enjoy nature at its purest form.Written 26 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Wasn’t quite sure what to expect but it is a very comprehensive museum of polar life with lots and lots of artefacts and stuffed animals. Spread across 3 floors it can get a little tight especially when tours come through. Enjoyed reading about polar life.
I would recommend wearing sensible footwear especially as some surfaces have not been gritted and in fact a gent slipped outside as we were leavingWritten 1 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very good bath. Nice and clean. Alot of activities for all ages. Recommended when its raining and you want to relax.Written 24 September 2023
- We were there on a tour with The Green Adventure, really beautiful place and nice beach. We will never forget this arctic picnic in this village.Written 1 January 2023
- Polaria is fairly small but an enjoyable visit. We started in the panoramic cinema with a short film about the northern lights before progressing to the various fish tanks and best of all the seals. They were most entertaining as they were fed and cavorted in the water, playing games etc. Worth coming to see it all.Written 9 November 2023
- Very lucky to have visited on a sunny day. About 1 hour drive + ferry ride from Tromso. It offers epic views on a clear day, and much less crowded than the city. Snowmobiling tour or skiing tour with guide strongly recommended, as the best scenic areas are off-road. It is also worth to spend more days in the area for exploring on foot. Do note that weather can change rapidly or deteriorates quickly on any day, so always check the weather and avalanche forecast before heading out.Written 14 April 2023
- Stunningly beautiful views - just amazing to behold. Yet easy to walk to from the city centre or to go on the bus. Lovely beach and wooden area, and the loveliest ocean views imaginable. Great if you want to walk, or to just sit for a time, also possible to paddle or swim in the sea.Written 18 October 2023
- I must admit I prefer the old school churches made of tree compare to the new ones . This one is absolutely adorable both from the outside and insideWritten 8 August 2023
- Good spot for bird watching - if you're interested in that, I recommend to check it out. Other than the seagulls and ducks, there's ruffs, great blue herons and arctic terns. The views were pretty nice as well. There's benches and picnic tables, and an easy path going around the lake, but getting there can be a bit of an uphill walk.
Also, there's quite a lot of mosquitoes there in the summer so I'd recommend bringing an anti-insect spray.Written 23 June 2023
- Very good selection of beer.
We had different flights of local beers.
Of course I did not like the sour beer but that is my taste. So some good and some ok.
But with a selection of about 30 or more you should be able to find something you like. Note I did not count.
Decor is basement dark wood. So the feel of an English pub but with lots of space between tables and walking areas.
Order at bar and they pour or deliver.
I forgot the price but ok for Norway tourist area.Written 27 February 2019
- Love the place! We were a couple and we did the room with the monster. It was super fun and challenging! It was a little difficult but the other topics sounded boring so we took this one instead… and we came back happy from the experience :-) we have done Escape Rooms all over the world, is kind of our thing.
The only thing we missed was that there is no spot to take a photo with the “prize” or something related to the topic saying that “we did it!”. It would be cool to include selfie spots with the room topics for people to take photos and remember the experience later.Written 1 November 2023
- Joe was our guide. Extremely knowledgeable, humble, experienced and well observant guide. Superb experience. Choice of location, activities, discussion, concern and comfort of top grade. Highly efficient and hospitable approach. I will definitely come back to chasing light next time I'm in tromso. The quality of the excursion was right on top. Even though we paid for a group tour it felt like a personal tour. Everything you would require was available just at a glance. Best experience in tromso by far.Written 28 November 2023
- What an amazing adventure! Our guide was Ellie (she was so fun!) and we had an all girls group on our northern lights hunt. Ellie was determined to find the lights, and we were up for the adventure. There was a good cloud cover and we had to go far, and I was rather skeptical that we would find them at all. We built a fire and had a delicious homemade soup and bread as we waited for the skies to clear. And after switching up locations, clear they did! We got a peek at the aurora and it was a beautiful display. Would gladly tour with this company again!Written 19 October 2023
- Amazing experience. Our tour guide Naiara was vey knowledgeable and took us to right spot to see the northern lights.
Very good experience and you guys were great.Written 27 November 2023