42 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 42
What travellers are saying
- Very lucky to have visited on a sunny day. About 1 hour drive + ferry ride from Tromso. It offers epic views on a clear day, and much less crowded than the city. Snowmobiling tour or skiing tour with guide strongly recommended, as the best scenic areas are off-road. It is also worth to spend more days in the area for exploring on foot. Do note that weather can change rapidly or deteriorates quickly on any day, so always check the weather and avalanche forecast before heading out.Written 14 April 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Love the place! We were a couple and we did the room with the monster. It was super fun and challenging! It was a little difficult but the other topics sounded boring so we took this one instead… and we came back happy from the experience :-) we have done Escape Rooms all over the world, is kind of our thing.
The only thing we missed was that there is no spot to take a photo with the “prize” or something related to the topic saying that “we did it!”. It would be cool to include selfie spots with the room topics for people to take photos and remember the experience later.Written 1 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I really recommend this company, we drived around different spot all night long to find the better spot. We had a great time with the two guides, they explained everything about the Northern Light and they offered us hot drinks and cookies, and they did a fire to warm us up. We were able to see the Northern lights that night and it was just wonderful, they took amazing pictures of us. I am really happy about this experience, thanks to youWritten 9 December 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I don’t have any words to explain everything what we saw on our tour. Today we had Northern Lights tour with this company and really it was the best experience in my life. Special thanks to to guide Markus, who was really professional in finding best spots for Lights and pictures. It was our last day in Tromso and one of the best day in my whole life. Thanks again and for people who still thinks about company for Northern Lights. There is not much to think just book with Greenlander and enjoy it. Nini and Lasha from Georgia 🇬🇪🇳🇴Written 8 December 2023
- Very professional company and service, especially as we were squeezed in at the last minute! They fitted us with super warm thermal suits and boots to keep us warm during the night as the temperature was minus ten! Didn’t feel the cold at all. Once we were all suited up we set off in search of the aurora borealis. We drove for around 40 minutes and parked in a very dark area with no light pollution at all. No sooner had we got there we had the most amazing display of Northern Lights lasting over two hours. During the display our amazing guide Louis took lots of photographs for everyone and also gave us great tips for taking our own photographs. We then sat around the campfire which Louis built and had some lovely hot chocolate, delicious food and toasted marshmallows, all the while enjoying Louis explaining the science behind the lights and telling us lots of interesting facts about Tromso. It was an amazing experience and we highly recommend it. Thank you for making the experience so special.Written 8 December 2023
- We first went North but the sky was too cloudy, then we turned around and our guide Max choose the perfect place. We saw northern lights over a period of 2 hours. It was spectacular. We had nice food at a campfire and got lots of information about polar lights, life in Norway and much more. A wonderful experience!Written 6 December 2023
- Our fjord day tour with Sebastian was amazing! Every view and stop we visited was simply breathtaking. The little sunset hike at the end was truly magical! I wish I was here another day to do another tour with this company! Thank you for a great day.Written 2 December 2023
- Our guide Harry was professional, super nice and kind. He was customer obsessed, so tried to find the right place and location to see the Aurora. And he did it! Wonderful experience. All was perfect! Driver, guide, nature, people and food!Written 7 December 2023
- The minute I saw the Princess cruise excursion to visit a Huskie Camp in Tromso, I knew this was what I wanted to do. It did not disappoint!
First, we were greeted by Barbara, who gave us a bit of information and warned us that the dogs were very excited to see us and may even jump up; we were ready! We unfortunately could not play with the puppies as they were underage and had not been vaccinated yet. This didn't stop us taking pictures of their cuteness, of course. There were over 120 dogs, and Barbara was right; they were definitely excited to see us. I remember watching a woman on the tour who was in a wheelchair; the dogs were so gentle with her, and she and her husband were in heaven, hanging with those dogs. Though we were a large group, we had plenty of dogs to pet and take pictures with and of. The dogs were sweet and friendly.
Later, Barbara gave us more information about the dogs and sledding out by the tents and the outside fireplace. She was so patient to answer all of our questions. I did not partake of the refreshments as I was too enthralled with the dogs, but I believe there was coffee, tea and some cakes in the tents.
Overall, it was a wonderful experience, so even if you don't get to go sledding in the winter, make this a stop on your summer itinerary if in Tromso, Norway! You won't regret it.Written 15 July 2023
- Guide Vidar knows exactly where to go to find the northern light!
It was a cloudy day, there were snow in the afternoon also were snow at the end of our tour too. However, we saw truly amazing northern light !
We were lucky to have few hours of clear sky in this weather, but if it wasn’t with Vidar we might not saw that much amazing one!
It only took like 20mins drive, and we saw it at the first place we stopped.
We had like 3hrs of very strong northern light with the beautiful view of the coast.
He’s very knowledgeable, and passionate about good photos too!
It was my first time to see the northern light, but I’m sure it will be my best northern light experience ever of my life!Written 15 November 2023
- Amazing experience! Our guide, Antonio, and driver were terrific. They went above and beyond to get us south of the cloud cover for a good aurora siting. Antonio constantly scanned the sky and all information to find the perfect spot. We were lucky to see an amazing multicolored dancing aurora and received great photos of it less than 24 hours later. The campfire, stew, marshmallows and hot chocolate were a fun bonus. Great communication and enthusiastic and professional guiding.Written 4 December 2023
- Dan was such an amazing guide. He is very knowledgeable and did his best to maximise our chances of seeing the aurora, and it resulted in us standing directly under multiple, super strong occurrences with clear skies!
Besides that, he told us plenty of interesting stories, set up a nice cozy fire and provided delicious hot soup and cake. Dan took great personalised photos that he sent to us after the trip. You could tell that he is as enthusiastic as any of us on the tour.
I would highly recommend Dan to anyone considering seeing the Northern lights!Written 28 November 2023
- You will never regret, this team are so super professional everything was more than our expectations we haven't tried sledding but we could feed the reindeers as much as we wanted. Thanks Katy and Meyer for all your help and flexibility. Don't miss this opportunity it is as amazing as northern light.Written 27 March 2023
- We booked independently for the Husky Sled experience whilst on a cruise and we were a little anxious about whether we would get to the meet point in time. A phone call to the centre was extremely reassuring and they then called us on the morning to check how we were doing. Brilliant service.
The experience itself was wonderful from the views to the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff and of course the amazing dogs.
We would recommend to anyone!Written 29 November 2023
- We enjoyed our trip; within few min of departure we saw the northern lights. The crew were very friendly and full of knowledge.Written 25 November 2023