- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
30 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- The tourist information is great - people are super friendly and helpful!
The only reason i gave only 4 out of 5 is the coffeeshop - that’s a rip off and the quality is mediocre (at least if you have tried the Scandinavian bakerys before)Written 9 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This garden is kept so clean and healthy! The views are incredible and the staff does a fabulous job with the upkeep of these plants and gardens.Written 3 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We were there on a tour with The Green Adventure, really beautiful place and nice beach. We will never forget this arctic picnic in this village.Written 1 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very lucky to have visited on a sunny day. About 1 hour drive + ferry ride from Tromso. It offers epic views on a clear day, and much less crowded than the city. Snowmobiling tour or skiing tour with guide strongly recommended, as the best scenic areas are off-road. It is also worth to spend more days in the area for exploring on foot. Do note that weather can change rapidly or deteriorates quickly on any day, so always check the weather and avalanche forecast before heading out.Written 14 April 2023
- I really enjoyed this beach! It was cold and dark and very windy when I went, but it was a very interesting environment regardless. Great views of the water and mountains, and you can watch some ships pass by. A great way to relax in nature.Written 11 January 2023
- Great repurposing of the old cinema building, this unique architectural gem is worth a quick walk through. The open space is welcoming and open to the outside with all the windows. Modern and practical, it demonstrates the inventiveness of the Norwegian people.Written 2 October 2023
- I must admit I prefer the old school churches made of tree compare to the new ones . This one is absolutely adorable both from the outside and insideWritten 8 August 2023
- It’s a nice walk over to the church and took us about 30 minutes. It looks a lot higher from a distance, but my wife, who is afraid of heights, made it just fine. Not much on the other side of the water, but worth a walk on the bridge.Written 2 October 2023
- Good spot for bird watching - if you're interested in that, I recommend to check it out. Other than the seagulls and ducks, there's ruffs, great blue herons and arctic terns. The views were pretty nice as well. There's benches and picnic tables, and an easy path going around the lake, but getting there can be a bit of an uphill walk.
Also, there's quite a lot of mosquitoes there in the summer so I'd recommend bringing an anti-insect spray.Written 23 June 2023
- I liked this place, but my husband wasn't too interested. Some of the artwork was really interesting and I enjoyed it, some of it I didn't quite 'get'. Still, it was worth a visit.Written 31 December 2022
- If the weather is bad this is not a bad place to spend an hour or so. Interesting stories to follow.Written 24 March 2023
- We were on a tour of the fjords and popped in here for an afternoon snack of waffles. It is really cute and quirky place in a lovely location. Their are pieces of glass art work and jewellery for sale. The dining area is very cosy, very homely and the freshly cooked waffles and hot chocolate were lovely on a cold, cold day.Written 26 March 2020
- There are a lot of shops, eating place. We visited some clothes shops and drink coffee. It's a large mall with lots of choice.Written 8 September 2019
- Popped in on a rainy lunchtime, bar staff very helpful in beer choice. Good beer , different tv channels in different rooms. Good atmosphere.Written 15 March 2020
- Our Lady church is the city's Catholic cathedral, it is also the smallest.. Dating from 1861, this wooden church is the seat of the northernmost Catholic bishopric in the world .Written 17 November 2020