Points of Interest & Landmarks • Hiking Trails
4 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Take the hike and see some beautiful scenery. Be careful in winter it can get very icy. But with spikes it should me no problem.Written 28 February 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Fall is probably not the best time to go since there isn't snow yet and it can get pretty cold and wet. It was still beautiful though.Written 6 December 2015This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We spent an entire evening with Jan on the Middle Ages estate. Our event was very customized and done entirely at night. My husband and I wanted to renew our wedding vows with a nod to my viking heritage. Jan picked us up via a snowmobile pulling a sleigh. We drove thru the night to the viking chapel where Jan had set up an alter outside under the new moon (as was the custom). He read a viking blessing over us and we toasted with viking mead (that Jan made, by the way, in the traditional method and it was DELICIOUS). We then explored the estate with Jan whilst getting a history lesson. We dressed up in traditional viking clothing and took pictures. Then we sat down to a traditional meal served with mead (drank out of a horn, of course) and placed on top of a sword on the table. One thing the website does not tell you is that Jan is a superb chef. He prepared reindeer, whale and other traditional dishes such as rommegrot and every single thing was perfect. It was BY FAR the best meal we had during our entire time in Tromso. Then we went out into the woods and Jan cut limbs from a tree for us to take home and make into our own sacred runes. The whole night was so magical, weird and fun. Jan is so incredibly talented and interesting. Do yourself a favor and contact him and do something, anything!, with him on the beautiful estate he has built. Oh! Also, there is a stream running thru the property that is the drinking water. It is so pure, so clean it needs no filtration and I swear to god you will feel more alive after a few glasses of that water.Written 2 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions about Tromso
- These experiences are best for hiking trails in Tromso:
- The Nature Bow Game - hiking and archery in the Nature
- Private Snowshoe Hike X Tesla Experience
- Tour in search of the Northern Lights in Tromso
- Forest Hike with Arctic Outdoor Skills and Campfire Coffee
- Small Group Citizen Science Hike in Tromso