- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
18 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- The guide Julien was awesome and explained about the Northern Lights. I took the same tour for 2 nightsWritten 1 April 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The minute I saw the Princess cruise excursion to visit a Huskie Camp in Tromso, I knew this was what I wanted to do. It did not disappoint!
First, we were greeted by Barbara, who gave us a bit of information and warned us that the dogs were very excited to see us and may even jump up; we were ready! We unfortunately could not play with the puppies as they were underage and had not been vaccinated yet. This didn't stop us taking pictures of their cuteness, of course. There were over 120 dogs, and Barbara was right; they were definitely excited to see us. I remember watching a woman on the tour who was in a wheelchair; the dogs were so gentle with her, and she and her husband were in heaven, hanging with those dogs. Though we were a large group, we had plenty of dogs to pet and take pictures with and of. The dogs were sweet and friendly.
Later, Barbara gave us more information about the dogs and sledding out by the tents and the outside fireplace. She was so patient to answer all of our questions. I did not partake of the refreshments as I was too enthralled with the dogs, but I believe there was coffee, tea and some cakes in the tents.
Overall, it was a wonderful experience, so even if you don't get to go sledding in the winter, make this a stop on your summer itinerary if in Tromso, Norway! You won't regret it.Written 15 July 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Phenomenal 3 hour catamaran cruise to witness the Northern Lights. While the Northern Lights were not visible on the night of our excursion, Michael and Gustav provided us with so much enjoyment that we did not miss the lights. Their dedication to providing a safe, informative, and inspiring adventure truly sets their tour apart We felt like a part of their family. The homemade fish soup was delicious, and Michael was kind enough to share his recipe. A truly wonderful time!!Written 25 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Looked after beautifully. Trine was the perfect host, bright antidotes and very cheery personality. Luckily for us the heavens performed spectacularly. But even at first sign of activity, Trine took photos of group in case that was as good as it got.Written 29 March 2023
- A very thrilling snowmobile tour at the foot of Lyngen Alps. We drove through the other side of Tromsdalen to catch the ferry in Breivik and crossed to the Lyngen alps where the tour was based on. Thermal suits & boots were provided and we were given a thorough briefing before the tour started; the route was absolutely fantastic with amazing scenery of the snowy peaks. Highly recommended and would book again.Written 2 March 2022
- It was an awesome experience we had, the grate guide Aneta Is a very good guide and a very good photografer, her paciente and get experience give US a lifetime experience to see the northern ligths.. It wasn't a clear night but Aneta Hunt the aurora..
thank you a lot to Aneta and her team, Thor rune , very good as a driver...Written 27 February 2023
- Marcus and his team were wonderful start-to-finish.
The best part about working with them was how much they cared. Prior to the trip, they answered a lot of my personal questions. While on the trip, you could tell they cared deeply about giving us the best possible experience.
For us, this meant driving hours into Finland in order to get past the snow clouds, which had covered 6 for more than two days.
We stopped numerous times in order to hunt for the best possible lights.
Other highlights include:
- Great food
- They take photos for you
- They have extra gear, but please dress warm
- Friendly staff
Would certainly go again!Written 19 December 2019
- This is by far the highlight of the whole trip to Svalbard for us. The staff are extremely personable, knowledgeable, and professional, and really made this trip. Pyramiden was great, 2hrs is just enough to feel like you've seen enough. On top of that, we saw Minke whales, dolphins, reindeer and the ever elusive polar bear (but don't expect to see one, it's just a plus if you can!). Lunch was a Thai green curry, which was restaurant quality. All in all, a great use of £150, can't recommend highly enough!Written 21 September 2023
- We went with the Opal Schooner electric sailing boot to go whalewatching. This boot does not make noise which distrurbs the whales and produces no stinking diesel exhaust. Quiet and clean trip. We were also very lucky to say whales and orca's. Beautiful trip, nice people.Written 7 February 2018
- Excellent guide and team, great kayaks, easy pace and supplied everything needed for winter kayaking (bring 3 layers).Written 12 March 2023
- Lucky enough to have a sunny day out. All passengers stayed outside for the most trip. The woman talked about information the whole time and friendly answered questions. We saw the best view with snow cover. Beautiful.Written 23 February 2020
- Saw what felt like hundreds of orcas aswell as humpbacks and fin whales. The air ribs get up really close to the whales and engines are turned off so as not to disturb them. Highly recommend!Written 12 November 2022
- Had the occasion to tour the Fjords of Norway into the Arctic circle this month. Took an excursion in a RIB excursion boT dressed in Dry Suits. We ventured out into a fjord where the outfitter had already set a net with bait. We pulled up the trap to some 12-15 large red Arctic king crabs. Leaving the females and one large male we went onshore to a small old looking hut. There the remaining crabs were cleaned and the legs steamed for our lunch. Inside the cottage it was prestige and set with formal table settings. Lot’s of memorabilia on the walls. One did not need any butter or sauce with this crab as it was very sweet and plentiful. We got about an hour of history, learned about this crab and the industry and a great meal. Took the boat back to the harbor and called it a day. A great time with great food, fun and adventure. If you were crabby before you came here, one surely had a smile when we left. Highly recommend the experience. Enjoy!!Written 23 May 2018
- I recommend the experience of fishing in Tromsø waters for me and my two friends, it was fantastic to fish and then they prepare us a fresh fish soup, an incredible day thanks Captain Frank and team !!!Written 30 November 2020
- A great tour with a awsome ship.
I enjoyed the beautiful nature in and along the fjords while I tasted the local awsome fish soup. Thank you for a memorable time on board.Written 1 November 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Tromso
- These are the best places for kid-friendly dolphin & whale watching in Tromso:See more dolphin & whale watching for children in Tromso on Tripadvisor