14 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Relatively convenient by bus from near our hotel. If in Tromso, you should not pass up the cable car. The view from the top is exciting. The restaurant is a little expensive, but a good place to warm up from the cold.Written 22 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Ole was an excellent guide, giving amazing insight into the working life of a reindeer herder as well as the importance of Sami culture.
We had a perfect -8 clear day to see the spectacular fjords with the arctic sunset.
And of course the best bit; feeding all of the cheeky reindeer, when they aren’t sticking their heads into your feeding bucket.
A great day.Written 5 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Firstly lets start with Martin who can talk for his country and is never stuck for an answer, an ideal guide and driver. His vehicle is great in that the wheelchair user is still part of the group which is not always the case with specialised vehicles. Although we have specialised wheelchairs for rough terrain, Martin was prepared with all the specialised gear we would need. The reindeer experience was excellent made better by the fact that Martin used to work there and knew everyone and the best ways to meet the reindeer. Our friend who is permanently wheelchair bound was lifted in and out of the sleigh and had a wonderful time especially feed the reindeer.
The talk by the Sami young ladies was excellent, friendly and informative. They were a credit to their culture and young people.
Over all a great experience made better by Martin and Tromso Accessible Tours attitude to exclusivity and excellent communication at all timesWritten 30 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Went on superjeep deep into thick snow to hunt the northern lights. And we found them!! There was a photographer taking special pictures with long exposure so you can have a picture of yourself with the lights. I recommend not wearing only black! Because the camera light will catch bright colours. I was wearing black and in the picture I’m basically a floating head, while my daughter who wore a while coat is clearly visible.
At the end there was a lovely surprise of hot chocolate and biscuits and some Icelandic vodka.Written 26 December 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Tromso
- These experiences are best for transportation in Tromso:
- Private Airport and City Transfer in Tromso
- Tromso Private Airport Transfer Service|| English Speaking Driver
- Tromso Private Transfer from Tromso city centre to Tromso airport