33 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 33
What travellers are saying
- I liked this place, but my husband wasn't too interested. Some of the artwork was really interesting and I enjoyed it, some of it I didn't quite 'get'. Still, it was worth a visit.Written 31 December 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We were on a tour of the fjords and popped in here for an afternoon snack of waffles. It is really cute and quirky place in a lovely location. Their are pieces of glass art work and jewellery for sale. The dining area is very cosy, very homely and the freshly cooked waffles and hot chocolate were lovely on a cold, cold day.Written 26 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- There are a lot of shops, eating place. We visited some clothes shops and drink coffee. It's a large mall with lots of choice.Written 8 September 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I visited this Gallery Today. It was awesome. This gallery has some fantastic original art work in display including coffe mugs, water flasks. Must visit when you are in Tromso. Much better than some so called most popular souvenir shops in Tromso. You can collect a memory of Tromso from here. I could not stop myself from buying one lovely Tromso Artwork. Highly recommended.Written 24 October 2023
- You can really find inner peace by looking at Miss Slydahl's art. She is an amazing artist! And a warm person!Written 31 May 2017
- Worth a visit to see what is on show, they were showing a number of films when we visited that were of varying quality/interest but that is what makes art interesting and individual. Stick your head in to see what is on it's certainly worth it as it's free.Written 7 April 2019
- Best collection of Scandinavian art work in Tromso at reasonable prices. The staff are very friendly, patient and knowledgeable.Written 4 June 2019
- Hilde was wonderful! The atmosphere was so welcoming and she showed us a few pieces created by her as well as other artists! The art was beautiful with lots of variation. We ended up grabbing coffee at her cafe which is right next door.Written 16 February 2020
- A lot of different pieces of art and you find there some qute little water trolls with a beautiful story!Written 10 October 2016
- If you want to go the Arctic Circle, consider the Norwegian northern-est town of Tromso.
Great location to see interesting museums (though, generally small) such as the Polar Museum. The Arctic Cathedral was a great structure, only a short 20 - 30 minutes walk across a bridge - we did not know further up the Arctic Cathedral was a walk to cable car to go to the top of the town, so we did not go. On a clear day, the views from must be great.
Since Tromso is the northern-est Norwegian airport for commercial planes within the Arctic Circle, it has become a popular gateway for boats and cruises!!
Plenty of ‘tours’ around from feeding the reindeers to sledging with them in the winter months - check out before you travel and book - these tours are popular & some only run in the winter months (need some good snow!!).
Sami tours were both interesting and educational.
Why not try a reindeer & beer hotdog or a refiner stew? 😀
Tried the ‘Free Tromso’ walking tour (run by an Argentinian guy, who had lived in Tromso for years) - quite interesting and just give a tip what you want - very flexible.
Wished I stayed a day more - only did 3 nights.Written 26 October 2023
- Decided to visit this shop after visiting a glass blowing factory in Finland. Arrived right before they closed. Recommend this if you’ve never watched the professionals.Written 29 September 2019
- Very central, many different kind of shopping you can find inside almost everything you need. Shopping center is well set up, clean and well lightedWritten 1 June 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Tromso
- These are the best places for budget-friendly shopping in Tromso:See more budget-friendly shopping in Tromso on Tripadvisor