- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
71 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Had a great time very big and beautiful aquarium the 360° view of the sharks was mesmerizing but I would have loved to see more shark spieces . Overall had a great time a bit expensive but I would say it's worth a visit.Written 1 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This building is e ceptional .built in the days of Klimpt it has been refurbished and now shines like new! The wonderful surprise is in the basement , where there is an audio of Wagers remaking of Beethovens 9th while looking at klimts friese . lovely calm space and nice soft benches to sit on .Written 12 December 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A lovely museum, now in a suburban Viennese street surrounded by building sites, but thanks to descriptions and pictures from the period, easy to imagine on the edge of countryside surrounded by gardens. The picture that is drawn of Haydn in his last years is so vivid that you almost expect to meet him coming down the street or sitting in the secluded courtyard garden. Lots of pictures, scores, bilingual information, musical instruments... And you even get a room dedicated to Brahms for free.Written 26 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The area of Vienna around the Nasmarket has some incredible buildings from the turn of the century when people designed with distinctive exteriors. This area is like the Eixample in Barcelona and the Gaudi of Vienna is Otto Wagner. This is a very cool building with flowers adorning the exterior. It also has intricate ironwork like a Guadi. Again if you like Art Nouveau architecture, you will want to visit these houses by Otto Wagner, amazing and beautiful.Written 20 January 2020
- You don't expect to find World War II weapons platforms in the middle of a Baroque park, but here they are. These Flaktürme (Flak Towers) were built during World War II to defend Vienna from Allied bombing attacks. They are so massive and fortified that it would be financially prohibitive to demolish them.
Thus, they serve as a very present reminder of the horrors brought about throughout Europe by fascism, as well as of the tragic and unprecedented bombing of innocent women and children by the Allies.Written 6 December 2022
- We stayed in Vienna recently for the second time and having toured lots of theatres previously we didn’t want to miss this one. I organised a tour through Mr Wagner- Nguyen and he was very knowledgeable and helpful throughout. The theatre is beautiful inside, something that you can not imagine just standing outside looking in. We had the opportunity to look behind the scenes so to speak and see the stage, wardrobe and props areas. With 2020 being the 250th celebration of Beethoven, I can’t recommend visiting this theatre enough.Written 2 March 2020
- Step back in time to the bygone Biedermeier era when you enter the cute courtyards of Raimundhof .
Located just off Mariahilfer Straße there are some really cute cafes and bars in these courtyards and some boutique shopping outlets ,we dropped into Cafe Im Raimundhof were we enjoyed a coffee,it was just so good finding such a lovely cafe in such a beautiful set of courtyards,very evocative, very photogenic and if your wandering down Mariahlifer Straße well worth checking out.Written 22 June 2019
- It was my fourth escape room and definitely one of my favourite ones- the staff was super nice and the riddles were not too easy, but we still managed to get out in time! it was a lot of fun, i can 100% recommend :)Written 19 September 2021
- The Vienna Symphony orchestra is in residence at the beautiful Wiener Konzerthaus which is the best venue to attend its performance. The performance is spellbinding as over fifty musicians perform as one and take you through the highs and lows of a piece.
A must do for lovers of classical music.Written 2 February 2019
- Otto Wagner is the premier Art Nouveau architect of Vienna the way Gaudi is to Barcelona. This is his Casa Mila next to Majolikahaus which is his Casa Batllo. While Majolikahaus gets all the reviews, for me, the Otto Wagner Haus is the better building with screaming gargoyles on top and the metal design on the building. It really is a great corner building with two sides. Anyways they are easy to see at the Nasmarket and they are next to each other. Take time to visit and see, especially if you like Art NouveauWritten 20 January 2020
- Visited at 22/9/2022.. The museum is closed for four years. Good job Google. It was a nice try btw, checking a unique tree and buying some staff from the shop.Written 22 September 2022
- Walking at the Mariahilfer strasse I noticed that small but really beautiful church.Builded in 1656, there are some interesting frescoes to see and of course a place to find some calm from the noisy busy street. Unfortunately there was no ceremony the time of my visit. Have a look if you are walking at the area.Written 25 August 2020
- We walk to the nachmarkt and decided to get threw this building because our apartment was close. Its just a building with an interesting painting on it. If you have time and in the area its nice but not to go just for it.Written 5 October 2019
- AmmutsØn Craft Beer Dive offers a superb range of craft beers from many interesting independent breweries and was one of the many place's we went on our six day trip to Vienna.
This is a superb craft beer bar with a great range of beer and was one of the top bars we went.AmmutsØn Craft Beer Dive has an excellent 2 roomed interior with a fantastic outside terrace.
The interior has many interesting feature's and superb seating options throughout it's whole interior and to top it off superb staff who make you feel so welcome and is in an excellent area of Vienna.
We visited here in the afternoon and I think it had only just opened as we where one of the first in here.When we were here we had a couple of glasses of Austrian craft beers which were superb and price wise what we would expect to pay in a superb craft beer bar like this.
This is a superb craft beer bar with superb staff serving superb craft beers and is well worth visiting and is a few short walk away from Neubaugasse u-bahn stop.(This is my first review of AmmutsØn Craft Beer Dive).
Haus Des Meeres bus stop.
Neubaugasse u-bahn stop.Written 26 November 2022
- Saw Rebecca at the theatre which was excellent. The cast and staging were first class and cannot be faulted. We choose this production due to translation being available from the performance language of German. Sadly from our seats the translation was difficult to read and leaving my wife not really following the story due to her limited German. A point of praise to the theatre drinks were reasonably priced and the cloakroom was free!Written 11 November 2022