- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
57 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 57
What travellers are saying
- A great place for the family to visit on a sunny day. Our two and a half years old sun really enjoyed the playgrounds. The main playground was one if the best we ever encountered with some great slides. The whole park is super clean and beautiful.Written 7 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Donauinsel is a wonderful area of this city to visit ,an island in the middle of the Danube that stretches from the River Danube to the Neue Doneu,a haven from the hustle and bustle of the city even though it's very centrally located ,great for dog walkers ,joggers ,cyclists and enjoying a picnic ,views of the River Danube are superb especially if you're standing on one of the bridges that cross this famous river,it's most definitely well worth checking out if you're planning a holiday to Vienna .Written 5 February 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great opportunity to see around an operational global HQ. Our guide was really helpful in answering questions. Highlight was getting to see the chamber and imagine hundreds of delegates from all over the world listening intently.Written 25 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful garden, really worth a visit in the early summer! Lots of flowers and other plants, everything well organized in various thematic gardens. As it's located a bit more on the side, it's not crowded. Many tables and seats to rest or even have a picnic outside. Worth visiting also with children thanks to many cool playgrounds.Written 13 June 2021
- We visited Gansehaufel while in Vienna in August and loved it so much we returned again before we left the city. And we would definitely return! We went in summer, and it was around 30 degrees, absolutely perfect. Having first gone on a Sunday, we knew it would be crowded, but my wife and I headed straight to the FKK area and it was much quieter. Lots of people, but quiet and respectful. It was really loud (lots of kids) in the main area of the island, so we definitely recommend going with the FKK area (no clothes allowed – no tan lines, yay!) People are friendly, though we of course kept our distance with COVID.
The water was lovely, there are facilities, a restaurant, ice cream bar – no clothes needed for any of them. Couldn’t be more convenient! Hardly anyone apart from us wore masks, but social distancing is pretty easy. Though masks should be required for the washrooms and restaurants – we fell. It was much less busy when we returned on Friday.
There is a free shuttle service to/from the nearby U-Bahn station (Kaisermühlen-Vic), but it seems to only operate on weekends. It was operating on the Sunday when we went, but not on the Friday when we returned.
Highly recommend a visit, especially for the non-prudish! Loooove that Vienna has this oasis right in the middle of the city. I wish all cities did, body positivity and equality should be encouraged!Written 15 April 2022
- We visited here during a long weekend visit to Vienna it was a lovely relaxing day after a cycling wine tour the day before. There are 3 “parks” like this on Alte Donau easy to find when leaving the U-Bahn just turn onto the main road and follow the crowds. There are two paid parks and one free which we didn’t realise although it was less than 10 euros for a full days entry good facilities for showering very clean environment and a refreshing swim in the Danube what’s not to like?Written 11 June 2019
- This is an excellent conference venue with good easy access by metro. There are other things nearby, restaurants and other things, making it easy to not be trapped inside at lunchtime for example.Written 20 December 2019
- It was a great experience!! We were with a group of 8 and had so much flun playing minigolf! Also you would get 1 extra coin for the arcade afterwards, so that was a pleasant suprise!Written 16 January 2023
- DC Tower is the tallest in Austria, located not far from UN Complex.The Restaurant , lounge is located on 57th floor , belonging to Hotel Melia. One has to buy coupons from restaurant on lower floors,then come on 57th floor,There the drinks and food was served. It is expensive,even by Vienna's standard.
This DC Tower is 250 metres high and is in Donau district,hence the name DC Tower. It has a huge Car Park, of 254 places,has 16 private homes in the top 4 floors.
We , luckily got a corner window seating, through glass walls, we could see Vienna city and river Danube. We were there on a Saturday,fire works started,lasting for good 10-15 minutes. The Ambience and the music were really good,and we thoroughly enjoyed.Written 22 November 2019
- This amazing little modernist church is just across the road from u-bahn Kaisermuhlen VIC (Line 1) and up the steps. On the outside it's a squat metallic looking building sitting underneath some sleek high rises. It looks interesting and slightly out of place. The church is left open from 10am-6pm and you should head inside. It couldn't be more different. The interior is panelled with soft brown wood punctuated with holes and occasional windows to let daylight penetrate inside in an almost magical way. I was the only person in it after I pushed the front door open to look inside. Music was plating and I felt calm and quite.....holy. The architecture is stunning. I'm really glad I chanced inside.Written 18 November 2018
- half a dozen stages offer rock, jazz, childrens program, and many more music styles for free during these 3 days. it is only once a year. lot of carousing, crowded, not fun with children at night - you will get separated !Written 13 March 2016
- Nice and enormous mall with a big variety of stores. Only downside was that it was probably too big and we had troubles finding each other and finding our way back to the subway station. But overall I recommend the mall for people looking to spend their day shopping.Written 3 August 2022
- Located near the Alte Donau metro station and with a lot of parking places. It is well organized (lot of place on grass, trees, stone beach, wooden pier, free sunbeds, bar and pools) and gives you the feeling of a real beach. Perfect place for chilling in a summer sunny day. There is the possibility of renting boats. Ticket is 6.20 € for adults.Written 5 June 2022