- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
77 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Amusement & Theme Parks • Parks
Admission tickets from €13.50
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Excellent day to spend with your family and not only. You need full day and they have some nice restaurants there for lunch.Written 18 November 2022
- Great place for kids,especially if the weather is not so good…terrariums and aquariums impressive…couldnt belive that all plants,corals in side tanks are alive and not plastic…Written 31 October 2022
- After the Schonbrun Palace Tour we visited the gardens located at the rear.
Entry is free however attractions such as Privy Garden, the Orangery Garden , Maze Zoo, Palm House and the Desert House require tickets.
The gardens are manicured and spectacular with water features and lots of seating areas for you to relax and enjoy the view.Written 25 November 2022
- Good but be wary of prices as its easy to spend! We loved the little archery games; the men in charge were friendly. We went on a few rides and the smallness of them made it more fun as its very condensed to its spot so they fit in a lot of turns and twists. The skull rock pirate ride was actually quite scary even though it has not been advertised as a horror and was shown to be a family ride when a few of the animatronics were garish and jumpy. Good selection of fun houses and little eats.Written 23 October 2022
- This is one of my favorite parts of Vienna. You can very easily take the metro then connect to the 38 tram. It is a pleasant ride out to Grinzing. Exit and just start walking. You'll walk through beautiful vineyards, it is amazing this is part of one of the world's best cities.
It's a great but easy walk to the top, and if you're there late in the day or on a weekend, you can grab a glass of wine at a local heriguer out in the vines.
We did this yesterday in October, quiet with leaves changing. Stunning. A great thing to do when you are in Vienna.Written 13 October 2022
- This is a nice park located very centrally in Vienna and a beautiful place to enjoy nature when visiting the city.Written 21 November 2022
- The Volksgarten is a public park in the centre of Vienna and dates back to 1823.
The area was originally used for fortifications, which were destroyed by the French in the beginning of the 19th century.
A nice place in the city to relax.
Admission is free.Written 21 November 2022
- This is a very nice area and away from the hustle and bustle of the very busy city, it's a beautiful woods where you can enjoy nature.Written 21 November 2022
- Park surrounded by Hofburg from one side, Albertina from other. Many other attractions, mostly architectural perks are in walking distance. When we were there, there was farmers market. Great place to sit on grass, enjoy nice weather and feel few centuries back. Great to see in good weatherWritten 18 June 2022
- A great place for the family to visit on a sunny day. Our two and a half years old sun really enjoyed the playgrounds. The main playground was one if the best we ever encountered with some great slides. The whole park is super clean and beautiful.Written 7 October 2022
- Indeed Vienna has a lot green areas and parks - this is one of those parks ...But as mentioned is more to it than for the first will meet the eye -there are several potential points of interest scattered in/and around the park:
- WWII mementos of war in the shape of 2 decommissioned - but still standing menacing anti-aircraft towers - the once dreaded Flakturms. Today they are just the skeletons reminding of an era of terror and anti-semitism that shall never return.
- Vienna Porcelain Manufactory in Ausgarten - if you are interested in the art o porcelain you can pay a visit.
- MuTh Concert Hall - temporary close - but very interesting to check out otherwise.
- Restaurants and Eateries - two of those in/near the park - "Die Schankwirtschaft im Augarten" and the "Am Nordpol 3".
- Familienbad Augarten - Family Barth Augarten - as the name says a bath / swimming pool complex at the edge of the park.
If none of the above is for you there are several other things - like chilling on the green pitch, maybe having a picnic with friends , also walking or riding a bicycle can be an option.
So, overall if you want a patch of green and you are in the area this park can be the right spot for you.Written 10 April 2020
- Nice palace with beautiful garden. View from the upper Belvedere is breathtaking. Easy to reach from the center. Worth of visiting.Written 28 November 2022
- Today we went to the Lainzer Tiergarten and this time it wasn’t that difficult to find a place to park the car. There are many streets and a parking place near the Lainzer Tor.
My two brothers, my parents, and I decided to walk to the Hermesvilla. The ways weren’t dirty or soggy. Of course, there were a lot of other visitors, but that was no problem because everyone keeps a distance. In the end, we visited the Jägerhütte next to the entry. It was an amazing and thrilling excursion and we saw dears and wild boars.Written 1 February 2021
- Stretching from the city centre out to the Danube river, the canal is more function over form. There are a few nice areas to walk along the canal.Written 28 October 2022
- Beautiful garden, really worth a visit in the early summer! Lots of flowers and other plants, everything well organized in various thematic gardens. As it's located a bit more on the side, it's not crowded. Many tables and seats to rest or even have a picnic outside. Worth visiting also with children thanks to many cool playgrounds.Written 13 June 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Vienna
- These experiences are best for nature & parks in Vienna:
- Wachau Valley Wine Tasting Bike Tour from Vienna
- Melk Abbey and Danube Valley Day Trip from Vienna
- Wachau Valley Small-Group Tour and Wine Tasting from Vienna
- Hallstatt Day Trip from Vienna
- Bicycle tour - Vienna Complete
- These are the best hidden gems for nature & parks in Vienna:See more hidden gem nature & parks in Vienna on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for adrenaline seekers looking for nature & parks in Vienna:See more nature & parks for adrenaline seekers in Vienna on Tripadvisor