- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Food & Drink
5 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- If you're looking for the authentic Austrian experience, this is the place to be. Even it's far from the city center, it's totally worth it. They also have home made brewed beer which is the best I've tasted in Vienna. The staff it's also reaaally nice.Written 3 December 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The menu selection is not very big but the food is very good. Traditional cuisine of Vienna.Service is very friendly. Prices are ok.Written 2 April 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Every kind of Ottakringer product imaginable is available at the brewery shop. There were things I never knew existed, like cherry radler! While Ottakringer is dear to our hearts (and so worth the pilgrimage to the brewery), it is widely available everywhere. Still worth a visit or 3 (we kept going back for more merchandise! Staff probably thought we were nuts)Written 5 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Muttermilch Vienna Brewery was without a doubt one of the best experiences we had on our six day holiday to Vienna and what a superb place to visit for anyone who has an interest in beers.
Located in the basement of the Beerlovers a brilliant bottle-shop that offer's a brilliant range of beers.We were visiting this superb bottle-shop and talk about going there the right time as Muttermilch were celebrating five years of brewing and Carl (Karl) a very knowledgeable brewer and a brilliant host had the brewery open.
The brewery itself is really compact with an excellent look and feel with everything that you would expect in a small brewery which was amazing.The host was excellent as he showed us all the brewing styles and I must say he was really knowledgeable and a joy to be with for a good hour.
When we went here we sampled a lot of it's beers some straight from the kettles which was an amazing experience.To the brewer you were superb and you gave me and my twin brother a unique experience and all's I can say if you see any Muttermilch beer's if your in Vienna just try one as they are 1st rate.Easy to find from Kettenbrückengasse U-Bahn it's a minute walk to Gumpendorfer Straße.
(This is my first review of Muttermilch).
Stiegengasse bus stop.
Kettenbrückengasse u-bahn stop.Written 22 November 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Vienna
- These experiences are best for breweries in Vienna:
- Private Austrian Beer Tasting Tour in Vienna Old Town
- Bratislava from Vienna by bus with lunch & beer tasting
- Austrian Beers Self-guided Private Tour in Vienna
- Private Guided tour to Salzburg and it's Old Castle with brunch and beer tasting
- Bike & Bite Viennese Style