- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
71 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 71
What travellers are saying
- There are very few things I buy when I go to Europe...they include: Wine, Chocolate, Christmas Ornaments and Hand Blown/Created Glass. Mdina Glass did not disappoint. We first saw the small store in Mdina and they told us about the factory store so we held off buying anything. The concierge at our hotel said to make sure we look at the 50% sections since they have great deals with either minor defects (which I think make the piece unique) or is a color scheme that is going out of style. It's a good thing we only had limited time because I could have spent the day at the factory. We picked out a beautiful blue and green bowl from the 50% off that was marked 225 EU which they charged us 112 EU. The reason it was marked down was they were no longer making that color combo and had very few pieces left. I wanted something big for my dining room table and this is perfect. We took them up on shipping which was about an extra 60 and included insurance. We purchased on April 19th and they said it would arrive in about a month. We had a shipping notification a few days after it was purchased. Imagine our happy surprise when it arrived on our doorstep on May 2nd. We had only been home for a day so we are lucky it didn't arrive before we did!!
As an FYI....we paired this outing with a trip to the cathedral in Motha first thing in the morning because we had that 1/2 open. The other convenient time to visit the factory would be before or after you go to Mdina and Rabat.Written 12 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- They have really cool stuff! T-shirts, sweatshirts, socks, coasters, stickers, pins, magnets…. and so much more you can think of in nice colors, nice designs, with statements… Something diff erent from all these typical Maltese souvenirs. Worth visiting!Written 30 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a truly beautiful hidden gem (well not hidden if known)
One of the best places to try the coffee chocolate liquor shot. The milkshake and the cold brew were one of the best quality chocolate and coffee roasts I have tried. I highly recommended a visit to this authentic Maltese shop.
Keith and his family are a lovely and amazing bunch of individuals who run a truly magical shop in the heart of Valetta.
Customer service and experiance is one of a kind! I will be coming back to Malta and this is on the list of places to visit, without a doubt!!!Written 12 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very nice hand made silver, a lot of choices, reasonable prices, helpful seller.
A good place to buy souvenir from malta.Written 26 March 2022
- The shop is amazing. I really support this vision to be friendly to ourself and to the nature. The are all kinds of product in which I can get lost easily. The service was excellent! This place is really heart warming!Written 3 July 2021
- We were with a cruise ship group to visit the catacombs and our guide pointed out this little confectionary shop in the central square to buy local sweets. I saw the vanilla cannoli and decided to try my sweet tooth out on one. Wow, was it sweet! But delicious. The shell was a little denser or thicker than an Italian cannoli, but still tasty. It also held together a little better and, since I was eating while walking, I appreciated that. The folks in the shop were very friendly and offered samples to everyone.
Very nice stop on a day with lots of walking.Written 6 November 2019
- The most amazing place to chill in Valleta. Being wine lovers, we have been searching for a shop to drink fine wine and eat some sides. The shop has a wonderful collection of wines, drinks and beers and you can chill and drink them there, paying a price which is more than reasonable. The side dishes are also wonderful, tasty and with fresh ingredients. But, the highlight of the shop are its people. The two guys running the shop are the most polite and helpful people that I have seen in Malta. We were in Malta for 4 days and the 3 of them we have visited the shop.
We didn't visit in the first day because we haven't yet found it!!Written 15 August 2022
- Birgu Flea market and Car boot, THE SUNDAY ONE from 6am to 12. Free entrance. Packed with all kinds of curios items, and collectibles! Find something great to take back home in your hand luggage!! We found some retro Maltese pottery. We will surely GO BACK!! A fantastic place full of atmosphere and fun stuff to look through!Written 25 July 2020
- Delicate, beautiful and affordable filigree with the most delightful customer service from owners. Husband and wife are so pleasant and willing to guide you in your purchase, as much as you need them. In the end, your purchases are handled with care in their branded boxes.Written 14 January 2021
- Very very recommended. There are many kind of teas:black, white, oolong, green etc. This place is a treasure island for every tea lovers. Must see this boutique and must buy something, if you are here. The lady was very kind and very professional, she knows everything about the teas.Written 14 January 2020
- We visited the store at Mdina and purchased a few pieces. The choice was amazing and everything was so pretty.
The only negative thing (possibly a super random comment) to note is that the shop assistant that served us was sick with a cold...and now we all have what she had 🤔Written 3 October 2019
- Warm family atmosphere where service was good but the food was excellent A definite if you want authentic home style cooking Maltese styleWritten 24 February 2020
- Nice little shop. Helpful staff although I did feel a little left to my own devices regarding advice. Good stock of Gin though.Written 6 May 2019
- I was born and brought up in Canada and there are certain items that I haven’t seen in years which I found at dylons!Written 6 November 2019
- Used the Wembley store a few times whilst in Valletta and in the absence of a town supermarket it’s invaluable for cold drinks, cans of beer, crisps, snacks etc and decent value too.Written 29 June 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Island of Malta
- These are the best places for kid-friendly gift & speciality shops in Island of Malta:See more gift & speciality shops for children in Island of Malta on Tripadvisor