Free Things to Do in Vaasa
THE BEST Free Things to Do in Vaasa
Best Free Things to Do in Vaasa
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
4 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Observatories & Planetariums • Educational sites
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Very cozy place. Went there with my girlfriend for a couple of beers. We each bought a "tasting platter" containing 6 beers on each. I'd definitely recommend that! Great way to try their own beers. Some exciting, some good and some decent.
Good service, and overall a fun place to visit.Written 17 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- What a fascinating place. When you hear of a site of a meteorite impact you are thinking of a big crater, perhaps a sign of the tremendous power of a meteorite hitting the earth.
Well at Meteoriihi there is the mildest of craters, if it was not for the small farming strips, assorted in a giant circle surrounded by trees, you would not know this was a crater. This is probably why it is so special, on discovering the history of the site it used to be full of water and then there was a giant land reclamation project which turned it into shared farmland.
There is a tower to climb and get a good 360 view of the crater. The place has an information centre but it was closed during our evening visit. There are use useful information boards around giving details on the history of the site. I love these small semi-unknown tourist sites!Written 10 August 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- After the Vaasa fire of 1852, only ruins remained. Main thing to see here is of course the magnificent ruins of Vanha Vaasa. The surrounding park area is nice mostly green grass and a good place to have a picnic. Easy to find parking space. There is also an information sign telling the history of the area.Written 11 March 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Famous location because of a TV program that is popular for people who likes to learn practical hand works!Written 16 December 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.