- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
12 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Öjberget is a ski center but there is an observation tower there, too. The observation tower is free and it is open (24/7) also in summer. In summer there aren't any services in the ski center. The correct address is Öjbergintie 98 (Sundom), 65410 Vaasa.
Söderfjärden is the globally unique meteorite impact crater that was created 520 million years ago. In the explosion the celestial body that crashed down created a crater bowl more than 300 meters deep. Still nowadays 10 % of Söderfjärden is located below the sea level.
Öjberget is a part of the border mountain chain surrounding the crater. Nowadays the top of Öjberget is located over 50 meters above the sea level and the top of the observation tower 65 meters above the sea level. So this is a good place to see Söderfjärden which is a flat field area nowadays. It is also the most important resting place of cranes in Finland. Sometimes there have been 6000 cranes at the same time there.
Over half a century ago Söderfjärden was "the kingdom of barns". There were more than 3000 barns there. Nowadays only 100 barns are left.
There is also a nature trail around Öjberget. You may see a pothole, boulders and ancient shorelines there. People have lived here already 4000 years ago.
This observation tower was very interesting. Even my teenage son loved it very much.Written 10 July 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Good swimming during hot summer days. Parking places limited, Had to walk a few hundred meters. Lot of familiesWritten 2 July 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Ladies. Have you dreamed of naturist type sunbathing? As a male I confess I break the rules: I have never been there, but according my dear wife, it is a fantastic place. A ”box” opening to the sea with fine view and privacy makes this place unique. You just find the hospital, reach the pedestrian path between the hospital and the sea and there you are. There’s a public beach too. Take your own food and drinks with you and enjoy!Written 19 May 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We are so glad we chose to book some time with Kenneth and his boat, in order to have a chance to explore some of the archipelago on a recent trip to Vaasa. We wanted to view the islands in a personal and quieter way than in a big group.
His service is more than "just" a taxi boat, (though he can offer that as well). His knowledge about the archipelago, nature, culture and geography of the area is extensive, and delivered with skill, humour, enthusiasm and expertise. We absolutely plan to return and take a longer adventure someday. Thank you, Kenneth!Written 20 July 2023
- Me and my dad went supping and I had a woderfull time there. We supped one hour and I think that was a good time. It was very fun and good training. If you like or would want to try supping I recommend that you go check this place out.Written 7 July 2018