- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Types of Attractions
Sights & Landmarks
Sights & Landmarks
3 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Nice 1,5 km walk in the woods with wooden and metal carvings all along the way.
This place is about 3km outside Vaasa city center. Best to arrive by own car, small parking lot at the beginning of the trail.Written 17 July 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This monumental sculpture designed by Yrjö Liipola and Jussi Mäntynen was unveiled in 1938 in Vaasa market square. The height of the work including the stand is 14 meters. The bronze sculpture weighs 3.6 tons.
The sculpture was erected on an eight-meter-high granite pedestal, which is decorated with a Mannerheim relief on the Court of Appeal side, and a Finnish lion trampling a dragon on the square side. Attached to the pedestal are also four sculptures depicting law, religion, work, and the future.Written 22 February 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This fountain statue is located in the Church Park between the Town Hall and the Vaasa Church.
It was designed by a well-known Finnish sculptor Wäinö Aaltonen and revealed on Midsummer's Eve, 19.6.1959.
The statue shows the pilot and the skipper firmly holding the helm.
During our visit in February, the fountain was covered for the winter.Written 22 February 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions about Vaasa
- These places are best for monuments & statues in Vaasa:See more monuments & statues in Vaasa on Tripadvisor