Types of Attractions
Sights & Landmarks
Sights & Landmarks
7 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Close to the Old Vaasa ruins. If you go to see the ruins, do not miss the church. Used to be a court house. Check the times to get inside. If possible choose a sunny morning/day for the interior. Nice linden alley next to the church. And it is free.Written 30 November 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Vaasa Church is a neo-Gothic building built in 1862.
One of three altarpieces is made by Albert Edelfelt, one of the most famous Finnish painter.
We were lucky to hear the great acoustics of this church. Somebody was playing the organ on our visit.Written 21 June 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This area is nowadays filled with cultural organizations, companies and individual artists. Not so much to see for tourists. The parking lot dominates the area.
The orthodox church Saint Nicholas was opened in 1866 and is located next to Kasarmintori. It is a beautiful church but opens for public only during the services.Written 21 June 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Huutoniemi church is a Lutheran church built in the 60's and mostly out of concrete. It's not pretty but impressive in other ways.Written 26 June 2017
- We were very fortunate to visit this Beautiful Church, on a very sunny Summers morning, when a concert/recital was taking place, featuring one of the top young flute players, New York tutored, in Finland. Add this to the awe inspiring history/architecture of The Church and yes, MEMORABLE in Capitals. Please Visit..................Written 14 August 2017