- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
15 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- The botanical garden is suited for learning, but also just for relaxing and enjoying the atmosphere and plants. The greenhouse was like a paradise, the birds and fish living there added to the experience. As my visit was on the early spring, outside gardens were still quite blank. Beautiful springflowers everywhere, some old trees. it was easy to imagine how the place will look in the summertime.Written 12 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is actually one part of the huge Kupittaa park. Kupittaa park is a park where you find something for everyone, everything from sports facilities to bird cages, traffic park, mini golf, open air pool yo huge lawns to just sun bath. One part is made as an adventure park for kids. It's free of charge and have all kinds of swings and climbing structures. Furthermore they arrange indoor activities such as painting workshops and theatre clubs. Sometimes they arrange concerts for kids, everything for free as the entire park is run by the city.Written 13 October 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- If you love travelling with bike, if you love nature, sea and seeing new places this is the thing you should do. Take your time to plan the trip carefully and check the schedules of the ferries in advance. You can go short trip for about 120 km or long trip of about 200 km or some variation of these. We have done long and short with our full suspension mtb’s and it has been a lot of fun. Book a airbnb on the way and spend some nice time in for example in island Nagu and all it’s restaurants.Written 23 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Nice area near by city center for relaxing, jogging and for family plays. Play areas for different age of children. Bird park and traffic park in one corner. Bouncing castle fo little ones for a small fee. Bikes for hole family rental for explore more about the area.
Different kind of happenings is also available. Next to the park is open air swimming pool area with ticket cost. Minigolf seems like hight standard quality, so tickets was too expensive for uss.
Take picnic to the park for a few hours. We got our croquet wit uss. Parking available for free on street. Maybe more space next to swimming area.Written 7 August 2022
- I have been visiting Utö regularly in 50 years! All seasons, all kinds of weathers! Travelling to Utö by the ferry is free. Hotel, terraced houses, hostels and private accomodations. Excellent food at the hotel restaurant. The traveller must be a nature enthusiast, the island has a lot of cliffs, the weather can sometimes be really challenging, but the nature is enchanting, the lighthouse with a church inside a specialty and worth of visit...as the whole island with its little village and chapel!Written 10 July 2018
- There is a guest harbor, a ferry connection to the mainland, a restaurant, a beach, and a rental cottage village. It is a perfect destination for a relaxing weekend by the sea.Written 16 July 2020
- This is a beautiful, quiet and pittoresque island with some nice services like a little village grocery shop, a restaurant serving local, seasonal food, a beach and a guest port.Written 23 July 2015
- A lovely beach, and if you are lucky, free parking for 3 hours (probably should come really early or late (4PM) like we did. But don’t overstay you luck as we saw cars with tickets, who had overstayed their luck.Written 3 July 2022
- Turku has at least two wonderful nature reserve areas: Ruissalo island and Katariinanlaakso. Both are well known already centuries ago as "leisure places of kings and queens" (in the 1700`s when Sweden ruled Finland).
There are some very exceptional plants which can be found only here (and maybe in Ruissalo) in Finland. You can also find numerous different birds here, especially in springtime.
Katariinanlaakso is just 15 minutes from the city centre and it´s easy to get there also by bus (line 13, destination "Uittamo"). Get some peace and nature like Katarina Jacellonica did in 1700`s. There is still the big flat stone where they had their lunch.
Please don´t go anywhere else than on the marked paths!Written 24 July 2019
- Frank was so helpful when I arrived a bit late for the shop, and the bike as great. I had a fantastic cycle ride around Turku and an island. the lockers at Turky train station were super easy and only 3 euros for 24 hours just near the shop if you come out of hoursWritten 19 September 2022
- It was amazing to be able to participate in the experience of ice-swimming + sauna. Don't expect the sauna to be quiet / relaxing - everyone is chatting and it really feels like you've entered into their community. Towels are provided but bring sandals or watershoes if you want to go jump in the lake -- the deck is REALLY COLD :)Written 9 October 2019
- This garden is Turku's largest allotment garden with 220 colorful cottages with their own idyllic garden.
We visited our friends' cottage and were completely speechless when we saw the banana trees at the entrance. How can somebody in Finland grow banana trees?
The inner garden was even more stunning with all the colorful flowers.Written 20 August 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Turku
- These are the best places for groups seeking nature & parks in Turku:See more nature & parks for groups in Turku on Tripadvisor