- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
21 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- We did the English guided tour which are at regular times during the day. The guide was very good and was dressed in medieval costume.
The castle is large and very old as Turku used to be the capital of Finland.
We wanted to get outside the Bailey part but had to go along way following the arrows to get there!
The exhibition we went was good!Written 12 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Well done and well preserved. We spent about 2 hours here and went in every house. Really enjoying seeing and learning about the different crafts.Written 1 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The museum tells you about everyday life in medieval Turku. It's a fascinating though small museum. There is also some modern art in upper floors with the same ticket for those who find it interesting.Written 14 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Forum Marinum has grown and improved vastly. It is a VERY enjoyable museum. The site and the exhibits are unique, and more and more attractive. They now also house motor torpedo boats and the like under a roof.Written 18 January 2022
- I can’t even start describing my joy from my visit. The art works were amazing, Finnish history in paint and sculpture. I was also lucky to catch Modern Woman exhibition. And the little coffee shop downstairs that serves coffee in the cutest small mixed designed cups and delicious treats.
Only downside side for me was the the museum itself could be even bigger.Written 25 July 2022
- Nice small museum. I specially enjoyed the old house part, the pharmacy part of the museum left me a little bit confused and I would have liked to see more information about the pharmacy in that part of museum. Wonderful place to go and feel the old finnish wood architecture and see how houses were built in 1500 bcWritten 28 May 2022
- Museums with changing exhibitions are quite difficult to review if you are not a constant visitor.
I visited the HC Berg exhibition. And I am happy that I did. It was excellent.
The space in this museum is limited so there cannot be very much to see simultaneously. But you get a very adequate dose of art on one visit.
I was told by an ex Turku habitant that WAM has the best buns on earth. That to me is way overrated. They are not best on any scale to me.Written 27 August 2019
- That old village is located outside city of Turku, in a green area near a river. It's more good visit that place in summer when weather is more warm and sunny, but anyway also in winter it could be a nice escapade. I think kids can be very happy there because they can see animals, run and enjoy without problem because it's far of street. There is also a small parking in front that old village.Written 26 December 2019
- This is a place I enjoy visiting time after time. While the main exhibition remains the same, this time the museum featured an exhibition about the Baltic Sea, which was very interesting. The permanent exhibition is set up according to seasons and various different natural areas within Finland (e.g. Lapland vs. the archipelago). Museum shop had a very nice range of related products. Easily accessible on foot or public transportation.Written 10 August 2021
- A small but lovley museum located at the heart of Turku, close to the Aura river. Beautifully decorated rooms with old furniture and paintings. Some paintings are very famous, for example one by Helene Schjerfbäck.Written 31 July 2020
- It's like HopLop for adults ! Really professional guide who very skillfully gave us a personal tour of the museum. Also a very educational museum for getting a hands on experience on weapons development. Spent around 3h in the museum, so reserve enough time.Written 27 July 2020
- This small exhibition gallery is located upstairs at Wäinö Aaltonen Museum of Art. It has a free entrance.
Worth to see if you are visiting WAM.Written 15 November 2018
- If you don't want to plan in too much time to look at art, you should definitely check it out. Of course tastes in art differ, but I liked the pieces the gallery offered this time. You can take your time and look for details or you can just let your thoughts wander around with the impressions you get by the pictures.Written 7 April 2018
- I did not get overwhelmed, but as I had never before visited a waterwork it was a new experience without which I thing I could live.Written 28 September 2015
Frequently Asked Questions about Turku