- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
20 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Beautifully maintained old food hall filled with old local businesses selling too quality delicacies. The choices of meats, fish, spices, cakes etc. Is brilliant and there are great unique cafés and bistros.Written 18 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The river in Turku is a beautiful place. There are a lot of cafes and a beautiful church. The food is also really good in Turku.Written 24 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This small exhibition gallery is located upstairs at Wäinö Aaltonen Museum of Art. It has a free entrance.
Worth to see if you are visiting WAM.Written 15 November 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- There are two department stores in Turku: Sokos Wiklund and Stockmann.
Sokos Wiklund is situated by the marketplace which is under construction at the moment.
The completely renewed Wiklund was opened in spring 2019.
We stayed at the Sokos Hotel Wiklund which has direct access to the department store.
There is a good food market in the basement. Also, there are many restaurants, cafes, and bars.
From the Walo Rooftop Bar, you have the best views in Turku.Written 6 November 2019
- This place shows off over 15 Finnish brands from new and old designers. PUF highlights a different brand each month. They are located just a few blocks away from Turku's central Market Square.Written 5 October 2019
- This quirky, yet artsy studio had a good selection of locally-designed crafts. The artists are easily available to discuss methods of work and concepts.Written 4 November 2019
- Turku Market Square has a long history as a trading place, as trade has been done at the same place since the 17th century.
The renovation of the square started in May 2018. Also, the Old Hamburger Börs was reconstructed into a stylish new hotel.
We stayed at Hamburger Börs in November 2022 and finally could see the new market square nearly finished from our room window.
The square is now so much better than the old one. There are many new cafes and restaurants in stylish wooden pavilions.Written 23 November 2022