Castles • History Museums
Top Attractions in Turku
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- We did the English guided tour which are at regular times during the day. The guide was very good and was dressed in medieval costume.
The castle is large and very old as Turku used to be the capital of Finland.
We wanted to get outside the Bailey part but had to go along way following the arrows to get there!
The exhibition we went was good!Written 12 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Well done and well preserved. We spent about 2 hours here and went in every house. Really enjoying seeing and learning about the different crafts.Written 1 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a most impressive cathedral and chock full of history. It is the perfect place to stop when touring the city to relax and reflectWritten 8 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautifully maintained old food hall filled with old local businesses selling too quality delicacies. The choices of meats, fish, spices, cakes etc. Is brilliant and there are great unique cafés and bistros.Written 18 August 2022
- The museum tells you about everyday life in medieval Turku. It's a fascinating though small museum. There is also some modern art in upper floors with the same ticket for those who find it interesting.Written 14 June 2022
- Very superior excelsior establishment, everything is new, open and a lot natural light. It’s nice to just to come inside to warm up at winter -25 ℃ when just crossing by. You don’t have to be an customer, loan a book or return late music records, everybody is welcomeWritten 4 January 2022
- Forum Marinum has grown and improved vastly. It is a VERY enjoyable museum. The site and the exhibits are unique, and more and more attractive. They now also house motor torpedo boats and the like under a roof.Written 18 January 2022
- This is a fine art museum with a variety of stages in Finland's art history. It is a venerable old building which itself is fascinating.. I marveled at the main stair case of gleaming polished wood.Written 8 September 2022
- Nice small museum. I specially enjoyed the old house part, the pharmacy part of the museum left me a little bit confused and I would have liked to see more information about the pharmacy in that part of museum. Wonderful place to go and feel the old finnish wood architecture and see how houses were built in 1500 bcWritten 28 May 2022
- The botanical garden is suited for learning, but also just for relaxing and enjoying the atmosphere and plants. The greenhouse was like a paradise, the birds and fish living there added to the experience. As my visit was on the early spring, outside gardens were still quite blank. Beautiful springflowers everywhere, some old trees. it was easy to imagine how the place will look in the summertime.Written 12 May 2022
- This is actually one part of the huge Kupittaa park. Kupittaa park is a park where you find something for everyone, everything from sports facilities to bird cages, traffic park, mini golf, open air pool yo huge lawns to just sun bath. One part is made as an adventure park for kids. It's free of charge and have all kinds of swings and climbing structures. Furthermore they arrange indoor activities such as painting workshops and theatre clubs. Sometimes they arrange concerts for kids, everything for free as the entire park is run by the city.Written 13 October 2019
- If you love travelling with bike, if you love nature, sea and seeing new places this is the thing you should do. Take your time to plan the trip carefully and check the schedules of the ferries in advance. You can go short trip for about 120 km or long trip of about 200 km or some variation of these. We have done long and short with our full suspension mtb’s and it has been a lot of fun. Book a airbnb on the way and spend some nice time in for example in island Nagu and all it’s restaurants.Written 23 July 2022
- A much nicer way to cross the river than a bridge. The ride is free and fast and saves you a lot of time.Written 29 July 2021
- St Michael's stand out on a hill begging you to enter. It is a beautiful structure with a glorious interior and a short walk from downtownWritten 8 September 2022
- Nice area near by city center for relaxing, jogging and for family plays. Play areas for different age of children. Bird park and traffic park in one corner. Bouncing castle fo little ones for a small fee. Bikes for hole family rental for explore more about the area.
Different kind of happenings is also available. Next to the park is open air swimming pool area with ticket cost. Minigolf seems like hight standard quality, so tickets was too expensive for uss.
Take picnic to the park for a few hours. We got our croquet wit uss. Parking available for free on street. Maybe more space next to swimming area.Written 7 August 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Turku
- The best day trips from Turku according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Full-Day Guided Turku and Castle Tour from Helsinki
- Helsinki Tour to Old Capital Turku by VIP car with Private Guide
- Helsinki City Tour and Visit to Turku by LUX car with personal guide