20 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- It was certainly the most outstanding church in the town. Didn't check the inside of it thought. Nice nonetheless.Written 12 June 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful flowers and lake view. Nice place for a picnic in summer. Also has a summer cafe and toilet.Written 1 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Finlayson Area is a fantastic area close to water.
It was build by a Scottsman as a Cotton Mill and to day this big area is full off different life, Museums, dining place, theater, shops and offices and lots of things to do.
Go there and see the history of Tampere.Written 4 September 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This Is a gorgeous Finnish Orthodox Church. Its interior is splendid and even moreso on a Sunday when church is in session.Written 7 September 2022
- It was free to enter. The exhibition consisted of work related historical tools, machines and photos.Written 12 June 2023
- The building seen from above resembles a big male capercaillie in his pride so the library is known in Finnish as Metso. Architect couple Raili and Reima Pietiläs' design from 1986 has assymetrical lines and unexpected nooks both inside and out. The fame of Metso earned them the priviledge to create in 1993 Mäntyniemi in Helsinki, the formal residence of our president.Written 21 July 2020
- There is lots to see and it's very intuitively designed as you first walk in. Very easy to see everything systematically. I would recommend going right when they open, as i hear it get crowded since its a free museum. We were there immediately when they opened and in the first hour there were already kids and people more than one would hope. This is also a very popular spot for families with children so if you want to avoid crowds of kids, try to go early.Written 4 May 2023
- This is a little gem - a place of quiet contemplation . It is an easy walk from the center. It its nestled in the factory areaWritten 7 September 2022
- This lush green park has a stunning lakeside view over Näsijärvi and to the Särkänniemi Amusement Park and Näsinneula Observation Tower.
From the park, you can find a fountain, memorial and playground, and the beautifully renovated Milavida Museum.Written 11 August 2020
- This wooden cross church located next to Tampere Central Square was built in 1825.
The bell tower designed by Carl Ludvig Engel was completed in 1828.
Inside you can find the beautiful organ and pulpit. There are seats for 300 people.
The church is a very popular wedding church.Written 8 October 2019
- Rigth in the center of Tampere on the main street you will find this Sokos.
Large shopping center were you will find every thing, all very modern and clean.
Even the Alko shop is present here.
Easy to find around in this big shop, should be one of the biggest in Tampere.Written 4 September 2019
- This is a big church that has a nice wooden roof and on the inside you can look up and see into the spire, it's worth a visitWritten 25 April 2021
- Great former redbrick factories border the mainly restrained rapids connecting the two lakes surrounding Tampere. The bridge is the central part of the main street Hämeenkatu leading from the railway station to Pyynikki. This summer it is also a big construction site as the new tramline is still under way.Written 21 July 2020
- This park is located next to the Tampere Hall, five minutes walk from the railway station.
In the middle of the park is a big pond with a fountain. You can find ducks swimming here.
There are also many other species of birds living in the cages by the pond.Written 11 August 2020
- This modern church is magnificent. IT is rather plain on the outside but on entering you are transported upward and made to soar.Written 7 September 2022