- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
27 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Such a great place! Awesome sauna, bbq place and best cold dip in the lake. With 8 Euro entry and very affordable and great experience!Written 22 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My favourite Lake for canoeing, swimming, diving and now Stand Up Paddling. Nice cafeteria run by the lake association and they rent boards cheap only 8€ / hour. I recommend on a beautiful day.Written 13 May 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very clean and nice Place to have picnic and enjoy yourself. The have two tables and a nice beach to get some sun.Written 25 July 2016This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- After a conference in Tampere I went canoeing with Pekka. Great trip with goof food and even better company!Written 19 June 2022
- My 72yr old Mother and I booked with Scandi in 2018 for a tour but had to cancel at the last minute. We then re-booked with Scandi again in 2019 for our tour in December. Both times from the booking process, the payment process, all communication (Aleksi was amazing) and the receiving of travel documents was exceptional from start to finish - can not fault this company at all. All our questions were answered promptly and nothing seemed too difficult for Scandi to organise. Our tour itself was amazing and extremely well organised, from transfers to tours, meeting points, all instructions were clear and everyone we interacted with was friendly and helpful. Have been so very impressed by Scandi that I can not recommend them more highly.Written 22 December 2019
- I took Silverline from Tampere via Visavuori to Hämeenlinna in July. The lake scenery with its endless islands is superb and the boat is comfortable enough. I appreciated the hearty buffet and there was even some entertainment (young guy with a guitar). The commentary was bilingual, Finnish and English, to the point and intelligible throughout. There isn't a better form of slow travel in the lakelands of Central Finland.Written 19 July 2021
- We had a great day with punch of guys. We rented the boat and enjoyed the sunny day at Lake of Pyhjäjärvi. Everything went as promised. Easy to recommend!Written 21 September 2016
- Far the most excellent activity in Tampere for all ages while the surrounding landscape is just beautiful. The gears are good, and advisors excellent.
What is important, everybody can do this. No any previous experience is needed. This is the place to be when you consider to so something else than burn your base rubbers off from your shoes.Written 8 May 2019
- I had a great experience on this course and learned many survival skills and tips on being out in the wilderness. The course instructor was fantastic, and very knowledgeable about the outdoors. The location was beautiful and the meal we cooked was delicious! I definitely recommend Boreal Quest to anyone that is interested! Thank you, Markus!Written 22 March 2020
- The place isn't massive but they have all training available, PADI recreational and technical. Fully equipped with tanks, drysuits, and tank fills including Trimix needs. Looks like they do a lot of servicing and repairs too. Staff friendly and flexible. I guess it stands to reason that they have good knowledge of local sites. They also do ice diving courses. A good place to drop in to, and they'll sort you out dives, courses and gear no problem. My courses went fine, prices reasonable/about the same as most places.Written 1 March 2017
- What a superb canoeing trip! Very calm and professional advisor, great humor and customer service. Equipment in 5/5 shape and very nice coffee & snacks break during afternoon trip around Lempäälä lakes & rivers. Strong recommendation for these services!Written 28 June 2020
- Cant rate the whole experience high enough. Miikka was very accommodating to our request and knew the best spots for the sunset and calm water. The boat itself is very well designed and a great space to be. The rooftop terrace gives you a great 360 degree view of tampere and nasijarvi and great spot for having a BBQ. Will definately book again with TreslaWritten 6 July 2018
- Reasonably good adventure park, but...
... you are required to sign a compliance to the rules, which are then not really followed (especially regarding minimum size of kids for the flows, which in fact causes congestion)
... there seems to be a ladder, even down, after each zip line, which causes congestion
... didn’t notice any covid specific measure to avoid or mitigate congestion
... a few exercises would benefit of a rescue rope at the end
We still spent a long afternoon there and the kids were quite happy :-)Written 25 July 2020
- There is a Sighthound Racing Track at Kauppi, only few kilometres from city centre. It's a walking distance. The Track is wooden and it is in the woods; so there is relaxed athmosphere. People are jogging, walking or nordic walking at the area or taking dogs to walk. You can pick up berries or mushrooms there.
Sighthound Racing World Championships was held here 6.-7.9.2014. This is not for everybody; but when you see dogs running, and they run really fast; you might get interested. Everybody has own favourite by looks or by results.
Nice to spend here some time and then walkaround or back to the centre.Written 9 September 2014
- Elianderin uimaranta (Eliander Swimming Beach) is a nice small beach next to Särkänniemi Amusement Park. We had a heatwave in Finland but surprisingly the beach wasn't too crowded. This is a quite beautiful place. There is a quite new playground and a nice ice-cream kiosk on the beach, too.Written 8 July 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Tampere
- These are the best places for couples seeking outdoor activities in Tampere:See more outdoor activities for couples in Tampere on Tripadvisor