Parks • Observation Decks & Towers
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
21 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Uphill walk to the tower through the city . Great views of Tampere from the observation area! There is an elevator as well as stairs to the top. Cute little cafe & restrooms on the bottom floor.
We hiked back through the beautiful park which borders a lake. Fun day! Highly recommend!!Written 23 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Lot's of sights to see from the beach. I saw a guy fishing there when walking by. There's also a place to throw away cremation ashes.Written 2 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Särkänniemi has something for everyone. If you like wild rides you got them and if you don’t there is still devices for you. And if you don’t like any types of rides you can play these fun games and watch beautiful scenery from peninsula. I think that the wristbands are little bit pricey but not too expensive. And food could be cheaper as well. But I will recommend and of course you should visit Näsinneula as well because the views are really cool.Written 30 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Had a wonderful lunch at Viikinsaari. Amazing service and wonderful dishes from local providers. It is very easy to get to the island from Laukontori Port on Silver Line vessels. Best of the trip is to reserve enough time to enjoy a lunch or dinner on the island. Truly value for money.Written 30 July 2019
- It is a quiet and secret place, you can enjoy a traditional sauna, it is a mixt sauna with 2 rooms. After the warm session don't hesitate to jump in the lake in august 2021 : 19° it is very ok "" , we also enjoy...yes enjoy a fresh and short rain..the exeprience was very finnish ! Take pleasure.Written 1 August 2021
- This park is located next to the Tampere Hall, five minutes walk from the railway station.
In the middle of the park is a big pond with a fountain. You can find ducks swimming here.
There are also many other species of birds living in the cages by the pond.Written 11 August 2020
- My favourite Lake for canoeing, swimming, diving and now Stand Up Paddling. Nice cafeteria run by the lake association and they rent boards cheap only 8€ / hour. I recommend on a beautiful day.Written 13 May 2018
- High up on the hill by the Milavida mansion is a statue of a woman holding two children in despair. It commemorates the 1929 tragedy of Kuru, a ship full of passengers sunken in the high waves of Näsi lake with 138 lives lost. From below by the shore you can hear the music and laughter of people at the Särkänniemi amusement park.Written 23 July 2020
- Leo's Leikkimaa in Lielahti is a brand new indoor playground. It's huge, probably three times the size of HopLop in Onkiniemi. As in HopLop adults and babies under 12 mo are free. However there were not that much activities for babies. For older kids - yes.Written 3 January 2017
- Midsummer fire. There is a watch tower to see the landscape. An ancient camping place is near, an oven. Smoked fish was from turku. It was good nevertheless.Written 4 February 2013
- Very clean and nice Place to have picnic and enjoy yourself. The have two tables and a nice beach to get some sun.Written 25 July 2016
- I was there many times already and love the place. Staff is nice and speak also various languages. They have different events every few month. All very friendly people. I would say best age for kids there is 0-6 years.Written 24 April 2022
- A pretty park near Finlayson area and the main market street. Not too far away from the train station.Written 2 June 2022
- Ok park. Nothing mind-blowing, but it has a cool fountain. You can see the särkänniemi amusement park from there.Written 3 June 2022
- Pispalan harju ridge is a very interesting area with old wooden houses and Pyykkimettän puisto (Pyykkimettä Park) is the central point of it. Some people call it Pyynikkimettän puisto (Pyynikkimettä Park) but I think that Pyykkimettän puisto (Pyykkimettä Park) is the official name. It is because pyykki means laundry and earlier the laundry of the residents was washed and dried in the park.
The main street is named Pispalanharju but remember to walk other streets, too. So you find a nice cafeteria (address Pipapankatu 30) and an interesting pub-restaurant (address Pispalan valtatie 23). There are nice stairs between small streets. We walked as far as the historical Pispalan Uittotunneli tunnel and Uittotunnelin Kahvila lakeside cafeteria (read separate Tripadvisor reviews).
In the park you find a playground, an excellent lookout point and nice sitting places. This is one of the best selfie places and perhaps the most Instagrammable place in Tampere.Written 5 July 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Tampere
- These are the best places for couples seeking nature & parks in Tampere:See more nature & parks for couples in Tampere on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for groups seeking nature & parks in Tampere:See more nature & parks for groups in Tampere on Tripadvisor