Parks • Observation Decks & Towers
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
21 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Great way to see the Tampere from above. You park at the theme park, then walk past the ticket booths into the tower building where you can purchase tickets directly. We went first thing in the morning to avoid the crowds, so had the view mostly by ourselves. Don't need to spend too much time here, but get your pictures then move on to the next item on the list.Written 25 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A picturesque location by the shores of Lake Näsijärvi and a lovely place to go for a sauna with locals. 2 saunas with varying heat and two lake areas to dip into allow you to cater your sauna experience based on your desire that day.Written 19 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful flowers and lake view. Nice place for a picnic in summer. Also has a summer cafe and toilet.Written 1 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We enjoyed a late summer visit to this nice amusement park. kids loved the Angry birds section. Staff was friendly and the coasters were fun.Written 29 August 2022
- A lush island with an outdoor theatre, a restaurant, cafes, a playground, small beaches and a nature trail (about 1.3 km / 1 mile). A very nice place to spend a summer day.Written 14 August 2023
- This lush green park has a stunning lakeside view over Näsijärvi and to the Särkänniemi Amusement Park and Näsinneula Observation Tower.
From the park, you can find a fountain, memorial and playground, and the beautifully renovated Milavida Museum.Written 11 August 2020
- This park is located next to the Tampere Hall, five minutes walk from the railway station.
In the middle of the park is a big pond with a fountain. You can find ducks swimming here.
There are also many other species of birds living in the cages by the pond.Written 11 August 2020
- My favourite Lake for canoeing, swimming, diving and now Stand Up Paddling. Nice cafeteria run by the lake association and they rent boards cheap only 8€ / hour. I recommend on a beautiful day.Written 13 May 2018
- I was there many times already and love the place. Staff is nice and speak also various languages. They have different events every few month. All very friendly people. I would say best age for kids there is 0-6 years.Written 24 April 2022
- Midsummer fire. There is a watch tower to see the landscape. An ancient camping place is near, an oven. Smoked fish was from turku. It was good nevertheless.Written 4 February 2013
- Leo's Leikkimaa in Lielahti is a brand new indoor playground. It's huge, probably three times the size of HopLop in Onkiniemi. As in HopLop adults and babies under 12 mo are free. However there were not that much activities for babies. For older kids - yes.Written 3 January 2017
- Nice park, but there are a lot of drug junkies there and what is concerning there is, that the playground is also there and it is one of the biggest playgrounds in Tampere. If the city could finally do something about this hotspot for drugs and alcohol and protect the kids because of this problem, that would be greatWritten 13 September 2022
- Pispalan harju ridge is a very interesting area with old wooden houses and Pyykkimettän puisto (Pyykkimettä Park) is the central point of it. Some people call it Pyynikkimettän puisto (Pyynikkimettä Park) but I think that Pyykkimettän puisto (Pyykkimettä Park) is the official name. It is because pyykki means laundry and earlier the laundry of the residents was washed and dried in the park.
The main street is named Pispalanharju but remember to walk other streets, too. So you find a nice cafeteria (address Pipapankatu 30) and an interesting pub-restaurant (address Pispalan valtatie 23). There are nice stairs between small streets. We walked as far as the historical Pispalan Uittotunneli tunnel and Uittotunnelin Kahvila lakeside cafeteria (read separate Tripadvisor reviews).
In the park you find a playground, an excellent lookout point and nice sitting places. This is one of the best selfie places and perhaps the most Instagrammable place in Tampere.Written 5 July 2021
- Pyynikin uimaranta (Pyynikki Public Beach) is a nice sandy swimming beach within walking distance from the city center. This is a nice place for swimming, sunbathing, playing beach volleyball and SUP surfing.
There is a sandy beach there but there are beautiful rocks and cliffs, too. Actually these cliffs named Jalkasaari Lookout Point are a very nice excursion destination even if you are not going to swim.
The summer cafeteria of Pyynikki Public Beach has a beautiful location but unfortunately service was very slow.
Pyynikki Public Beach is a nice place for the whole family. This time weather was warm but very cloudy. We have to come back here later.Written 8 July 2021
- Hämeenpuisto is an important green area in the heart of Tampere, on both sides are the driveways of Hämeenpuisto Street. In the middle of the green belts is a walking and cycling path about 8-9 meters wide. On our visit, it had rained and the surface was quite muddy.
This esplanade is about 1.3 kilometers long. It runs almost all the way across the isthmus from Näsijärvi in the north to Pyhäjärvi in the south. It is based on a town plan drawn up by architect CL Engel in 1830. You can find park areas at both ends of this esplanade, Näsinpuisto and Eteläpuisto.Written 31 October 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Tampere
- These are the best places for couples seeking nature & parks in Tampere:See more nature & parks for couples in Tampere on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for groups seeking nature & parks in Tampere:See more nature & parks for groups in Tampere on Tripadvisor