Nature & parks in Jyväskylä
Top Parks & Nature Attractions in Jyväskylä, Finland
Nature & Parks in Jyväskylä
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Types of Attractions
Nature & Parks
6 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- I had a coffee, it was delicious. Nice lake view from the veranda. Coffee was 2.7 Euro. They have very nice ice creams too.Written 16 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- There are some activities for young or very young children and it is free. Sunny day action site. Places for climbing, hanging, cycling and wire slide etc.Written 6 September 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It's like a forest in the city - quiet green path with a nice touch of wilderness and close to the city center!I was really surprised that something like that could exist almost in the city center! I felt like hiking through the lush forest somewhere much more south than Finland. And I didn't get tired because it's not very long. If you like to take photos of nature, wilderness, ferns and horsetails growing everywhere or macro photo, you should take your camera with you. And it's better to have comfortable shoes (but not necessary).
What I really liked:
- Quiet green trail trough the lush greenery, with the birds singing and dragonflies hunting for smaller insects, deadwood is left where it fell and slowly is covered by moss;
- Within a city and close to the city center - 10 min walking distance, 5 min cycling;
- It's not a long path, but diverse. You can go fast through it in 20 min, but if you like nature or photography or both you can spend there more than an hour.
- good for quiet walk without a hurry, where one can stop and appreciate nature.
Some thing that could be a problem for someone:
- I didn't find any toilets near the start or end of the trail.
- not accessible by wheelchair. The trail has stairs in both ends and in the middle.
- there are information stands about the place and plants growing there, but only in Finnish.
Overall I'm happy that I found this place and I'm positively surprised about it's location (within the city) and the attitude to the nature you can see there how more or less natural forest should look like.Written 7 September 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Whenever I visit Jyväskylä I will find time to walk or jog around the lake. It follows the lake all the way. Best place to start is at the harvour..
This is a wonderful route offering beautiful views from every angle. Congrats to the city for offering this kind of experience! There are several outdoor gyms on the trailWritten 8 October 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is nice short walk. Easy for people even with less experience in hiking. Very nice small island in the middle of the route for campfire etc.Written 11 July 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions about Jyväskylä
- These places are best for nature & parks in Jyväskylä:See more nature & parks in Jyväskylä on Tripadvisor