Points of Interest & Landmarks • Universities & Schools
Types of Attractions
Sights & Landmarks
Sights & Landmarks
5 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Main buildings are designed by Alvar Aalto. The oldest buildings are from late 19th century. Beautiful gardening.
A real campus area, rare in Finland. Beautiful especially during the autumn with all the colours of the trees and plants.Written 8 October 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- .... you need to be either a fan of the architect Alvar Aalto or an architect to really benefit from making the 40km round trip from Jyväskylä.
The intriguing aspects, for me, are the thought that the main council chamber must lack natural lighting (but I've not been inside yet); the light and airiness of the unroofed courtyard with it's rectangular water feature; and the juxtaposition of the concrete steps leading up to the entrance to the Town Hall and the turf steps on the other side of the courtyard.
This is my second visit. Four years ago I forgot to take a camera.Written 8 September 2015This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- If you take the trouble to climb up the hill to Harju, there are beautiful views to reward you. Especially from the top of the stairs, where you have a direct view all the way down to the lake. The steps on both sides of the steep hill are popular with step runners.Written 8 October 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Fine old building on Vapaudenkatu. As you walk up Asemakatu you will come directly to City Hall. It is worth admiring the building from the outside, even if you cannot enter.Written 1 December 2020