8 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Thanks to Rikko and his lovely wife for the warm welcome and the tour in museum. The atmosphere is simply great and of course the motorcycle collection will leave an impression on everyone.Written 6 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My friends and I spent a couple of hours on an ATV safari and we drove up and down the slopes of Messilä and went over bumpy terrain. The trip was funny and exciting and service was friendly. I recommend this experience, you can go even if you haven't driven an ATV before, the owner gives a good (and very funny) guidance on how to use the vehicle. He also rides with the group and always helps when needed. I would go again :)Written 17 April 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Lahti Harbor (Lahden satama) is a summer paradise within walking distance from the city center of Lahti. The best walking route from the market square is along Vapaudenkatu Street and Kartanonkatu Street to the musical fountain and Pond Pikku-Vesijärvi and then walk along the lake shore. You see Kariniemi Arboretum and Kariniemi Fitness Stairs on the way before arriving to the harbor. The distance is about 1.5 kilometers (20 minutes). It is also possible to rent a city bike because there is a city bike station in the harbor, too. Also electric city bikes and electric scooters are available.
There are interesting sights in Lahti Harbor: Sibelius Hall (a concert house with interesting architecture and art) and Pro Puu Center (high quality Finnish wooden products to see and buy). Read separate Tripadvisor reviews about these sights.
There are nice cafeterias, bars and restaurants in Lahti Harbor. Some of them are restaurant boats and some of them are lakeside houses with good summer terraces. Lake view is fantastic. There is also a small playground for children next to Kahvila Kariranta (Cafe Kariranta).
The best part of the harbor is a possibility to take part in interesting cruises. M/S Kymppi has cruises to the beautiful Enonsaari Island (30 minutes in one way, a round-trip ticket 20 euros). Read separate Tripadvisor reviews about Enonsaari.
Päijänne Risteilyt Hilden is a cruising company which offers many different cruises. During the high season you can take part in daily lunch cruises (usually at 1 PM, 4 hours) and summer evening cruises (usually at 6 PM, 4 hours), not on Mondays and Sundays. Longer cruises go to Heinola (4½-5 hours in one way, two canals on the route, lunch buffet available), Jyväskylä (10 hours 30 minutes in one way) and Lahti (also 10 hours 30 minutes in one way). The cruise Lahti-Heinola-Lahti is possible during one day but it is also possible to have a cruise in one direction and jump on a scheduled bus to the other way. Besides, it is possible to travel only a fraction of the route: from Lahti to Vääksy Lock, from Lahti to Kalkkinen Lock or from Lahti to Kalkkinen Village. For example, you can book a cruise ticket from Lahti Harbor (9 AM) to the village of Kalkkinen (12 noon) and then back from Kalkkinen Village (3.50 PM) to Lahti Harbor (7 PM). Remember to check timetables.
If you travel to Lahti, Lahti Harbor is the must sight, at least in summer. Scenery is beautiful but there are also interesting sights and activities there. So I highly recommend Lahti Harbor.Written 20 June 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A fantastic little museum.
The staff were great. Especially the young guy who explained to me and my son in English and Finnish what was there to see, how to interact with things and even took pics for us.
My boy loved the interaction part and so did I. The ski jumping figures were my boys favourite. Mine was the shooting! I got 127m on the ski jumping simulator once too. Thats harder than it looks.
The exhibitions are well kept, informed and very nice. Bit small but was free for my boy so I was happy with that.
Go enjoy!Written 17 July 2022
- Stopped in Lahti for pit stop and to Lahti Sports Complex with ice hockey, ski museum, outdoor swimming pool and ski jump towers. They lay plastic on the ski run and lubricate it with water so it can be used for practice when there is no snow. The
pool had already been drained. Unfortunately, we only had time to visit the ski jump today.Written 11 October 2022
- Park has trafic park for pedal vehicles, playgrounds, castle etc. Area is large and all is free of charge. For adults there is huge amount of different plants to see. Park includes cafeteria. Minigolf is not free but there seems to be lots of tracks.Written 11 July 2019
- Pikku-Vesijärvi is a large pond connected to Lake Vesijärvi. It is surrounded by a lush park.
In the Kariniemi Arboretum, surrounding Pikku-Vesijärvi, you can find 45 different tree species to grow.
There is a small pond where is Lahti Energia's water organ. It is also called the musical fountain of Lahti.Written 1 July 2021
- A shopping centre well wort a visit if you wish for a finish shopping experience don't forget that finish prices are expensive for visitorsWritten 11 December 2018