- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
23 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Porvoo has more write-ups in the travel literature that Kotka but it should be the other way around and it is not that much further out of Helsinki. It is a really nice town and this park is great. At the top of the park there are polished samples of every granite in Finland. Simply amazing the stone that comes out of Finland. There are bronze animal statues and the water fall is peaceful. If you continue to drive along the water there are beautiful stopping points where the forest meets the water. We really enjoyed visiting this city. We also drove out to the point of land where there is a large bronze statue and you can look back at the city. Very nice place to visit.Written 2 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This park is easily accessed by car but also in the walking distance from the city center. There is a big free parking lot with info guides, small kiosk and bajamaja toilets. Park is facing open sea and wind could hard and cold but in the sunny day it was also hot.
Park is great combination of grass, meadows, rocks, water, sculpture, planetarium, playgrounds, gym equipment, tables, benches and grilling places. It has lot to see in the compact area and all parts are in good shape. Kids enjoy nice playgrounds for sure and there's also a Moomin house.
This park is best part of city and for free. You can spend here hour or two to just relax and enjoy the sea. Better facilities could be appreciated though.Written 29 June 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Maretarium is a perfect size to get a good insight into Finnish fish. Interesting, well built exhibition.Written 15 June 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Sibelius Park is centrally located at the start of Lehmuspromenadi. It is part of the Kotka Sculpture Promenade.
Hotel Seurahuone is located next to it. We had a good view of the park from our hotel room.
The park is at its best in the summertime when it turns into a green oasis with old trees and beautiful flower beds.
A children's playground is located in the park.Written 23 February 2021
- Island has an old fishing village, some summer homes, an old schoolhouse, a customs checkpoint and not much else. Quiet and "away from it all," especially if you can swing an overnight.Written 13 January 2019
- Great day out at Varissaari - Fort Elizabeth, we arrived late morning spent an hour discovering the island followed by a fantastic lunch at the restaurant. Delicious and great service. Very interesting history to the island and boat over was pleasant and quick. Would recommend a visit and would definitely return!Written 19 June 2019
- In this little town in East Coast Finland there are many beautiful parks to visit. How about packing a picnic basket or some sausage and wood or coal and grill your food by the Kymijoki river?
Before or after you could make a small walk and check what is blooming this time.Written 8 June 2018
- Isopuisto is Kotka's largest built park. It is an English-style landscape park, the design of which has been guided by the shapes of the terrain.
There is an important building in the park, St. Nicholas Orthodox Church from the late 18th century. The park is as old as the church.
As it was winter during our visit, we saw some funny snowmen standing in the park.Written 28 February 2021
- Need a green place for a picnic? Walking your dog? Want some winter activities for children? Or have you heard of geocaching? Kumparepuisto is a nice environment on a sunny day.
You can park your car around and occasionally there are buses from Karhula bus station (9, 9B, 37B).Written 8 June 2018
- Small clean beach with a playground for children next to it. A small changing hut. We went on a very hot day but there were very few people there.Written 6 August 2018
- This beach is on the Karhula side and for some reason not actively marketed, perhaps because there are no services for visitors in the area. However, the beach is very nice and very popular among the locals. Very long shallow sand beach, especially kids do like it. Parking is easy and free. Small "dressing room" as well as a "bajama". Great place for jogging as well. No typical tourist services at all, bring your own food and drinks.Written 26 June 2016
- In Finland you do not find many beaches.So if you find one enjoy that .Remember that this has to happen during summer months.which are June,July and AugustWritten 20 March 2019
- This park is located above the railway station of Kotka Port.
The park has got its name from the fire tower, which was built in 1895 but burned down in 1911.
From the observation platform, you have a great view of the port.
Here you can find many statues and sculptures, such as an anti-air defense monument and a sculpture for port workers.Written 23 February 2021
- In wintertime, you cannot admire the azaleas, for which the park is famous. They at their most beautiful in early summer.
But you can see the Planetarium which is a model of the Solar System at the scale of 1: 2 000 000 000.
There are also exercise equipment, a playground, and some sculptures.Written 28 February 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Kotka
- These are the best places for couples seeking nature & parks in Kotka:See more nature & parks for couples in Kotka on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for groups seeking nature & parks in Kotka:See more nature & parks for groups in Kotka on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for budget-friendly nature & parks in Kotka:See more budget-friendly nature & parks in Kotka on Tripadvisor