- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Types of Attractions
Nature & Parks
Nature & Parks
4 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Beautiful nature, sea views, war history, picnic places, seaside saunas and the best sandy beach in HelsinkiPihlajasaari Island (also known as Rönnskär) is very wonderful! Besides, it is easy to go there. Just take a waterbus from Merisatama (in front of Cafe Carusel, address Merisatamanranta 10) or Ruoholahti (in front of Restaurant Faro, address Kellosaarenranta 10). You can buy tickets on the ferry. Dogs are also allowed. The route is operated by JT-Line and it takes only 10-15 minutes. Unfortunately they stop operating in the end of August and they won't start the new summer season before May.
The best sandy beach of Helsinki is situated on Pihlajasaari Island. They also have a naturist beach for nudists (mainly men) but it is totally separated and fenced so that it doesn't disturb other people.
You also find many other activities on Pihlajasaari Island: a guest harbor, a restaurant (Ravintola Pihlajasaari, read separate Tripadvisor reviews), a nature trail (about 2 kilometers), campfire sites with firewood, two playgrounds for children, two rentable seaside saunas (advance booking), a small camping site (surrounded by the stone wall of an oil storage from the 1920's, price 17 euros/night), dry toilets and historical sites (an ammunition depot and the foundations of anti-aircraft guns from 1916).
Besides, there are rentable villas for daytime use on the island. They are old private villas but nowadays the city of Helsinki owns them. Villa Björkas is very beautiful. It was built in 1881. The rental price is 36 euros/hour (in 2023) and it includes several rooms, a kitchen with dishware + a microwave oven + a refrigerator, a water toilet, meeting equipment and a small garden with a picnic table.
There are also nature reserves on the island. This is a good place to see many birds and plants. Besides, sea view is extremely beautiful. There are interesting rocks and cliffs there. So this island is a very good place for everybody who loves nature or wants to take beautiful photos. The island is full of interesting photo spots, especially if the weather is good.Written 4 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Vallisaari was like heven. Such a quiet and beautiful island. Enough services and a lot of activities for those who want them. Suomenlinna is nice place, but do something different and take this.Written 11 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Tervasaari is a small island that can be reached on foot from Pohjoisranta.
The island is named after a warehouse of tar exporters once located on the island. The warehouse is still left. Restaurant Savu operates here.
You can also find Tervasaari Summer Theater and dog parks for small and large dogs, as well as a dog beach.
The views are panoramic. Katajanokka and its icebreakers are best seen from here.Written 15 December 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Nice and beautiful little island just beside the Kaivopuisto park. You catch a ferry next to Cafe Ursula and the ride only takes a couple of minutes.
The island is nice for a walk in the quite unspoilt nature and for seeing Helsinki from another angle.
There is no cafeteria there, so be sure to bring something to drink or eat if you need it.Written 27 July 2019