- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Types of Attractions
Sights & Landmarks
Sights & Landmarks
8 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- The new Jätkäsaari neighbourhood with architecturally interesting apartment buildings has grown to cover the whole area connected to Ruoholahti by the Crusell bridge. Named after famous explorer ships the four innovative and colorful Htc Helsinki offices were built next to Kaapelitehdas already in 2002. Today's trend in the new houses over the bridge varies from large balconies forming a solid glass front to elaborate wall elements like art work. Helsinki city has a policy to construct three kinds of housing in new areas, apartments can be bought, partly owned or rented to create a lively modern neighbourhood.Written 21 April 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I’ve seen these padlocks in some European cities that I had visited. Apparently, these locks symbolize their ending love for each other.
This attraction has a short, tiny bridge. I wonder how many locks it can have before construction issues occur.Written 16 May 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- If you take a walk around he Töölö Bay this bridge will be on your route. A great place to follow the train traffic to & from the Central Railway Station, especially kids love it.Written 13 November 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The elegant white Grandfathers bridge connects the growing new neighbourhood of Kalasatama, Fish harbour to the recreational area with tennis courts and a climbing park on small Blueberry land. This island can also be reached by bus 16 from the Railway square as it is linked to Korkeasaari zoo next to it. The traffic bridge leads to the wealthy old residential island Kulosaari, a good walking destination with beautiful hundred years old villas and townhouses.Written 6 September 2019
- The elegantly curving pedestrian bridge by the Aurora hospital is a good place to enter the vast Central Park full of walking paths. It also serves as easy access from the Northern suburbs for people arriving by bike to the Swimming Stadium on the small hill. There is a childrens' traffic park below by the busy thoroughfare.Written 25 August 2021
- Light traffic flows effortlesly under the West Link bridge and it's underpass Below Water designed by sculptor Martti Aiha. Connecting Jätkäsaari to Hietalahti by the sea they have a form of great steel waves. When this elegant traffic solution was constructed the constantly increasing mass of trucks bringing us goods to West Harbour from Tallinn was badly ignored, the crossing above is now heavily overloaded.Written 21 August 2021
- Kaskisaari is an island in western Helsinki. It is located between Lauttasaari and Lehtisaari. Kaskisaari with expensive villas is one of the most respected residential areas in Finland.
This bridge between Lauttasaari and Kaskisaari is only for light traffic. The other bridge to Lehtisaari is also for cars and city busses.
These islands form a beautiful walking route. The easiest and fastest way to arrive from the city center is by taking the metro to Koivusaari.Written 24 May 2022
- This bridge is located at the mouth of the Vantaanjoki River. The bridge is a steel-type, wooden-covered cable-stayed bridge.
The span of the bridge is 78 m and the height of the steel pylon is 30 m.
The bridge was awarded the Bridge of the Year 2002 award by the Finnish Association of Civil Engineers.
Next to the bridge is a statue depicting Gustav Vasa's first wife, the young Catherine of Saxony (1513-1533), who married the King of Sweden only at the age of 18.Written 31 August 2021