Points of Interest & Landmarks • Flea & Street Markets
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
68 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Points of Interest & Landmarks • Monuments & Statues
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Right next to where the fishing boats dock, allowing sampling of a great variety of fresh seafood in a classic atmosphere!Written 2 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I love this place. Nice park with a lot of benches to sit on, beautiful flowers around it, and a photogenic waterfront. I have been there every season and it is always beautiful. And the most awesome thing is harbour is just around the corner.Written 21 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- When you get to Senate Square, not only do you get to see the amazing statue of Alexander II, but the Helsinki Cathedral is there, too.Written 24 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A place of peace in the heart of the city. Visitable, except for the reading rooms. There are many books in foreign languages. A little touristy place, but recommended.Written 28 October 2022
- I stopped by here on my way back from Way Bakery so I was already full. It's a nice place to stop by and shop for food and gifts. I actually like it the most of all the market hall in Helsinki. There's a wonderful vintage Marimekko shop towards the back - GREAT items for collectors. The day that I went there was also an outdoor farmers market!Written 1 August 2022
- This is a wonderful place for good food and reasonably priced souvenirs. We ate there several times and shopped for items several times. Watch out for seagulls - they will steal your food!Written 28 September 2022
- Hietalahti Market Hall is a nice place where you can enjoy different food and drinks of Finland, as well as other countries.Written 30 May 2022
- This famous female sculpture is standing near the harbour market, at the end of the Esplanadi Park. In the past it was controversial because of her nudity. Today it’s very popular, one of the landmarks of the city. Before the evening 1st of May, young local people put their graduation caps on her head. It’s an old tradition. I took part an Vappu event.Written 1 August 2022
- Good experience to visit this place. It's much better in physical . though wind and cold was huge when we visit. But it’s goodWritten 19 November 2022
- Not the highest sky-wheel as well as not the cheapest one, latter is rather unfortunate. Otherwise nice short attraction - normal ride is 12 minutes and consists of 3 or 4 rounds, according to employee. You can order VIP ride with champagne and all, also there is sky sauna :) don't know how long such rides will take, but suppose longer than usual ones, an will be even more expensive.
Cabins are weather proof and aircon is present so no issue with bad weather. It was rather windy on the day of our visit but that not changed the experience, maybe bit more swaying. Views not too spectacular but ok, just to get some overview for the surroundings/ Main downside is the price, bit pricey for my liking but that depends on your wallet, maybe family tickets give more value for money, but since were not eligible for it I've not checked.Written 4 July 2020
- You find over 200 plant species in this botanical garden. The oldest plant is a camellia tree which is about 130 years old. There are nice sitting places and tables between plants. You can take a book with you and read here or you can take a laptop and work here. It was very relaxing to walk and sit here in October. However, during Christmas time the indoor botanical garden may be crowded. There isn't any admission fee to this botanical garden.Written 12 October 2022
- Anybody can enter to admire the University Library built above the metro station and designed by Anttinen Oiva Architects in 2012. There is a small door at Kaisaniemi on street level but the main entrance is on Fabianinkatu. A connection through several doors and corridors leads to another remarkable showcase of Finnish architecture, the Porthania which too belongs to Helsinki University. Aarne Ervi whose works include the Töölö Library and the almost derelict Heikintori shopping center in Tapiola designed it in the 1950's.Written 1 March 2022
- It' was a sudden and amusing surprise when the statue suddenly appeared as we took a coach to the ferry terminal.
In some ways it is a shame that it is not located in a more central location.Written 15 September 2019
- Location of this outdoor ice rink is great as it is in the city area and close to the hotel where we stayed. We hired the skates and really had fun skating there. We went to the rink in the afternoon and it was not crowded. There's a cafe so we could sit indoor watching people skate while getting a coffee.Written 21 December 2018
- A statue too many rather than an individual. Centrally located and I found it very impressive and striking. Large statue that really stands outWritten 27 November 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Helsinki
- These are the most romantic places for points of interest & landmarks in Helsinki:See more romantic points of interest & landmarks in Helsinki on Tripadvisor