Points of Interest & Landmarks • Flea & Street Markets
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
13 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- This market is located in the harbor area and has some nice food booths. It is not large and until the summer season, the hours vary and many shops are not open.Written 26 July 2022
- I stopped by here on my way back from Way Bakery so I was already full. It's a nice place to stop by and shop for food and gifts. I actually like it the most of all the market hall in Helsinki. There's a wonderful vintage Marimekko shop towards the back - GREAT items for collectors. The day that I went there was also an outdoor farmers market!Written 1 August 2022
- If you go to the Kauppatori (Outside Market) at this time of year you will find that it is The annual Herring Market. Always held during the first full week in October, the market has been happening just about every year since 1743. I decided to go and have a look this year as it is usually a wonderful atmosphere. Of course this year was slightly different because of the pandemic. Usually lots of little fishing boats are set out along the harbour, selling all flavours of spiced herrings. This year I counted only about 10 fishing boats all clustered at one end of the harbour and this year they did not allow customers to taste the herring before buying. But non the less the atmosphere was although less crowded, very much the same as in past years. The herrings are sold in little plastic tubs weighing about 250 grms, of which the fish content is about 150 grms. The price is usually this year about 8 euros (A bit expensive I think), although they do reductions if you buy 3 tubs, the cheapest I found was 5 euros per tub. They sell all kinds of flavours from garlic herrings to the usual "Glassmaker's herring" to Mustard, onion or dill herrings, I have seen Brandy herring and even coffee spiced herring in the past but this year the flavours seemed quite conservative. There is always a competition to find the best herring between the different sellers or the newest taste. Also you can find sweet Archipelago breads and other spiced preserves. The normal market is always worth a visit at any time of year, well except for winter when there can only be 2 or 3 tents set up in the coldest of weather. Now they were selling all kinds of Autumn products from Sea Blackthorn juice to apples and mushrooms. All in all a nice visit.Written 9 October 2020
- A nice place with a small market where sellers are not too friendly compare to Tallinn where I just come from. By the harbor where you can take ferries to helsinki suburbs islandsWritten 13 September 2021
- Though situated at the edge of the Design District facing the Agricola Church the private fleamarket has gained popularity during recent times.
The basic selection upstairs consists of everyday clothing, bags, jewellery and tableware items. Downstairs through the narrow staircase is a different world with exquisite antique furniture, interior design and miscellaneous bric-a-brac.Written 11 March 2022
- Really kind and chill service, great selection and pricing. Cool and trendy clothes mainly fitted for men. Highly recommend!Written 15 July 2019
- This is a large second-hand shop, or thrift shop, or indoor flea market. A large selection of goods, reasonable prices. Fun to hunt through the stock. Conveniently located just off the downtown area.Written 18 September 2019
- Many other fleamarkets have shut down but this small private one just keeps on going through the pandemy. Finnish vintage glass and tableware is well displayed on the window sills and the often changing selection of other products is mainly clothing. Even some pieces of furniture are sold by the entrance with reproduction art. In the summer the vast area of Dallape park nearby is the liveliest free outdoor fleamarket in town on Sundays.Written 31 March 2022
- Love for Finnish cotton prints has largely influenced the existence of this vintage shop in Kannelmäki suburb. The best known label Marimekko is well represented also from the early years at Muija, which has even taken its name from one of their prints. The fabrics, mainly curtains all well washed and ironed have been organized in rows by designer as Ishimoto, Isola or by the type of print. Vintage designs from Tampella and Finlayson are also sold here, as well as Marjatta Metsovaara, even in new quality reproductions. A huge selection of tableware, glass, ceramics mainly from 1950's to 1980's fills the new larger premises by Kannelmäki local train station, easily reached from central Helsinki.Written 18 January 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Helsinki
- These are the best places for kid-friendly flea & street markets in Helsinki:See more flea & street markets for children in Helsinki on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for couples seeking flea & street markets in Helsinki:See more flea & street markets for couples in Helsinki on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for groups seeking flea & street markets in Helsinki:See more flea & street markets for groups in Helsinki on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for budget-friendly flea & street markets in Helsinki:See more budget-friendly flea & street markets in Helsinki on Tripadvisor