- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
8 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- There are plenty of walking trails. We hooked up with some other folks who happened to be here. My wife and I enjoyed the exercise and the scenery.Written 9 June 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Kaitalampi in Espoo is the perfect forest area and lake to escape the hustle and bustle of the capital area in Finland. Only about 35 minutes from Helsinki, Kaitalampi lake in Luukki recreation area provides nice trails and several cooking shelters for spending a day outdoors.Written 24 April 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This old church and its surroundings are beautiful.
I have my family buried here so, I visit there often.Written 26 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Good mall! Good to shop in and easy access public transportation. The mall has easy access to trains, busses and taxis. There are better malls in Finland, but still a great place.Written 20 September 2022
- I took a metro train (a subway) from Helsinki city center to Aalto University and walked from there to the southern point of Laajalahti Nature Reserve in Otaniemi. It took less than five minutes to walk there.
There are walking and biking routes, duckboards (biking not allowed), some picnic tables, three bird watching towers and cows in the pasture within the precincts of Laajalahti Nature Reserve. About 100 nesting bird species have been seen there.
Villa Elfvik is the visitor center of Laajalahti Nature Reserve. This Art Nouveau villa was built in 1904. You also find Cafe Elfvik (read separate Tripadvisor reviews) in the villa. The distance from the southern point of the nature reserve to the villa is about 2.7 kilometers. There are short nature trails around the villa. Some of them are accessible. You can borrow a pair of binoculars from the information desk.
Villa Elfvik is situated near the ring road named Ring 1. There are parking places and a city bike station near the villa. So this northern part of the nature reserve is also a good starting point. Remember to visit the upstairs of the villa, too. You find a butterfly collection and a small playground there.
There is also an archaeological site next to the villa. A brick factory was located there in the 18th century. A faience factory was established in the old brick factory at the turn of the 19th century.
I wasn't sure if I should give the rating of three or four stars. Laajalahti Nature Reserve deserves four stars as a nature area in the metropolitan area. However, this isn't a very good nature area if you think the whole country. There are countless nature areas which are much better elsewhere in Finland.Written 25 May 2022
- I were Camping there with my friend and our kids. We didnt stay at camping area, we were staying In the forest next by the lake.
There is many places to stay In the forest, i recommend to find your own cool place to stay, instead of boring camping area.
There is free toilets and drinking water 24/7 at the beach,kids big playground, restaurant, outdoor gym and other sports, and lots of stuff to do.
Nature is beautiful, and it was easy place to go with small children.Written 9 December 2019
- We wanted to see the new metro line from Matinkylä to Kivenlahti and stopped here for lunch. Metro is the most convenient and easiest way to arrive here.
It was our first time here and we were a little bit lost. We wanted to find the Rosso restaurant but the info screens didn't show it. After a search, we finally found the restaurant.
This place is full of shops and restaurants. You can find also grocery stores, the Finnkino cinema, and the Dudesons Activity Park.Written 1 March 2023
- We bought a premium branded sofa from Vepsalainen which ended up being extremely poor quality despite us following the care instructions to the letter - pilling on the covers and collapsed cushions, etc which led to the sofa being grossly uncomfortable causing back pain as a result.
The aftersales service with slow, unhelpful and challenging in their response. The end result being they offered to reduce the cost of new covers. This would of course not have alleviated the greater problem.
Given the high prices charged one would expect both better quality products and a higher level of service. We are now seeking to buy another sofa from another company entirely.
Avoid Vepsalainen at all costs,Written 6 July 2021