- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Types of Attractions
3 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Espoo Museum of Modern Art (EMMA) is competing with Kiasma Art Museum in Helsinki. Espoo Museum is located in a grey dull building which is the former Weilin&Göös printing house from 1974. What it takes to buildings, Kiasma is located in a more striking building with more interesting architecture.
What it takes to exhibitions, it is hard to say which one is better. On this Espoo visit, there was a stunning exhibition "Chiharu Shiota: Tracing Boundaries". It is an immersive installation consisting of tautly crisscrossing threads. Visitors are entering the maze of yarn, which encloses a sequence of old doors that open alternative routes through the work.
Another impressive work was "Daniel Buren: Going for a Walk in a Zigzag". Buren created this enormous work consisting of countless folding screens, inviting visitors to take a walk through the zigzagging maze.
Daniel Buren is famous for his practice of using 8.7 cm-wide vertical stripes as a visual tool to reveal hidden aspects of familiar spaces. In May, you can find 105 striped flags filling Espoo’s Tapionaukio square. Museum’s personnel have also striped vests.Written 24 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This exhibition centre is also called EMMA and is situated in Tapiola very near the metro station, only 1 kilometer from there. There are always many exhibitions at the same time. Last time we saw MIchael Jackson exhibition which was wort seeingWritten 6 November 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This is a nice place to enjoy life and spend summer time with families. There is a beautiful lake and a small cafeteria near here.Written 23 July 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Espoo
- These are the best places for budget-friendly art museums in Espoo:See more budget-friendly art museums in Espoo on Tripadvisor