10 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Excellent place for winter sports. The skiresort is huge and very well maintained. Parking was easy and there's rental stores on every corner of the resort. Ruka has miles and miles of well groomed cross country tracks in various difficulties and the nature Parks are amazing, especially during winter time.Written 7 April 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Visited 10+ times different spots and variety of hikes from 2-83km :) Little Karhunkierros is definetely the trail if you have only one day. Kanjonin kurkkaus, Oulanka, Konttainen-Valtavaara hot spots for daytrips as well. If you have 4-7days - take whole course 83km from Hautajärvi to Ruka - you'll love it.
Tested many different months: I like the end of spring to be best one, rivers are full of water (Jyrävä in May!) and no mosquitos...Written 30 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I am very greatful for having the chance to meet your lovely family, thank you for being so kind and welcoming. I enjoyed getting to know more about reeinders and your lifestyle. It is admiring to see how you strive to keep the family business over generations, really wish you a long successful life ahead.
I take back some positive energy from Satu :) I am sure one day this connection will bring me back here.
Big thank you to you all.
AdrianaWritten 22 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The 1 km scenic path along the River Oulankajoki to view the rapids and waterfall leaves from the main entrance of Oulanka Visitor Centre at the Oulanka National Park, about 50 km from Kuusamo and 40 km from Salla (eastern Lapland). The rapids are impressive, and so are the red (dolomite) rocks on the other side of the river. Well worth a visit.Written 17 September 2021
- Very beautiful nature trail in Hossa Nature Park. Worht to visit if car in use. Difficult to reach with public busses. NAture it self a bit different compared to Karhunkierros / north Kuusamo. New bridge over the lake got wows from kids :)Written 30 July 2022
- We had the absolute pleasure of visiting the reindeer centre today, we had the best time and the experience is an absolute must. The place is breathtakingly beautiful and the animals are really well cared for and looked after, we loved every second of our experience and will treasure the family memories for a lifetime! The only thing I’d say is the beautiful and new reindeer shop and coffee shop wasn’t open and we’d have loved to have warmed up after our experience with a yummy hot choccy with all the trimmings and a naughty cake. Also when we went today it was -21 and our kids were freezing cold it may have been a good idea after the sleigh ride to heat up in front of a fire or in a warm room before heading off to feed the reindeers, as both my kids haven’t experienced temperatures that low before so they were extremely uncomfortable with painfully cold toes and hands even with gloves and snow boots on. Next time we will take hand warmers and feet warmers with us. However on the whole the experience was fabulous and a very impressive set up. Our guide was absolutely lovely and it really showed how much she loved the reindeers and her role there, she was just brilliant.Written 4 February 2023
- Reineer yoga was absolutely a great experience! High quality yoga in an exotic environment. Loved it!Written 23 March 2023
- We did the night walk on snowshoes with Simon. It was a Northern Lights activity but beforehand it was pretty clear it was not the right night for the lights to be seen. Despite that the nightly hike through the Kontainnen area was really worth the trip. Simon learned us a lot about the animals that live there and how they survive in the winter. He took us off track and through the trees, which even in the dark looked awesome. After this we did the snowscooter tour with Jonas, also a great experience. We were the only two participating and already had some experience and Jonas really managed to tailor the experience to our capabilities. We had a blast. Both guides took security serious and Jonas even got off the scooter at some spots for some extra safety instructions. After the scootertour we could still book snowkarting, so we did that as well. Also a nice experience, although overtaking eachother on this track was somewhat more challenging than another track we tried in Ruka. Ruka Adventures is a great company that has everything well in order.Written 21 March 2023
- We are just back from a week in Ruka with 2 families with kids 11, 13 and 17.
We have enjoyed amazing moments organized by Tailored Adventure Rukapalvelu Team (special thanks to Eja for organizing it and all people who took care of our group during snowmobiling, karting, dogs and reindeers activity, snowshoeing, river floating,...).
An agency and team to recommend in Ruka.
Fun, amazing sceneries, friendly staffWritten 8 January 2023
- We had wonderful skating on the lake with Adventure apes. Very proffesional and nice team. I have to give special thanks to Niina who is the kindest and most helpful person I know! She really made my trip to Finland to be remembered as something beautiful! Thank you Niina once more!Written 1 March 2022