8 places sorted by traveller favourites.
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Excellent place for winter sports. The skiresort is huge and very well maintained. Parking was easy and there's rental stores on every corner of the resort. Ruka has miles and miles of well groomed cross country tracks in various difficulties and the nature Parks are amazing, especially during winter time.Written 7 April 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Visited 10+ times different spots and variety of hikes from 2-83km :) Little Karhunkierros is definetely the trail if you have only one day. Kanjonin kurkkaus, Oulanka, Konttainen-Valtavaara hot spots for daytrips as well. If you have 4-7days - take whole course 83km from Hautajärvi to Ruka - you'll love it.
Tested many different months: I like the end of spring to be best one, rivers are full of water (Jyrävä in May!) and no mosquitos...Written 30 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The 1 km scenic path along the River Oulankajoki to view the rapids and waterfall leaves from the main entrance of Oulanka Visitor Centre at the Oulanka National Park, about 50 km from Kuusamo and 40 km from Salla (eastern Lapland). The rapids are impressive, and so are the red (dolomite) rocks on the other side of the river. Well worth a visit.Written 17 September 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very beautiful nature trail in Hossa Nature Park. Worht to visit if car in use. Difficult to reach with public busses. NAture it self a bit different compared to Karhunkierros / north Kuusamo. New bridge over the lake got wows from kids :)Written 30 July 2022
- Only guided tours, 15€/ adult, about 45min. Tour was only finnish, not nice for foreigners. You will see brown bears, reindeers, bobcats (maybe), wolfhounds. we didn't see foxes. It is allways sad to see animals at cages, but I understand why these animals are here, some are found without their mom. About 30km from Kuusamo.Written 28 August 2020
- A Nice day hike. This hike is more quiet than Small Bear Trail, not so crowded. The trail is mainly easy path to walk, some more difficult parts. About 6km long, takes 2-3 hours.. Great views to Oulanka canyon. The trail starts at Savilampi parking place, about 75km from Kuusamo, well signed from kuusamo - Salla road. No services, some fireplaces etc.Written 28 August 2020
- Called in the morning and we where wellcommed to ride same day. In a dark snowy forest with helmet lights on we had a nice riding trip. Child thinked this was best experience in Ruka so far.Written 26 December 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about Kuusamo
- These are the best places for kid-friendly nature & parks in Kuusamo:See more nature & parks for children in Kuusamo on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for couples seeking nature & parks in Kuusamo:See more nature & parks for couples in Kuusamo on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for groups seeking nature & parks in Kuusamo:See more nature & parks for groups in Kuusamo on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for budget-friendly nature & parks in Kuusamo:See more budget-friendly nature & parks in Kuusamo on Tripadvisor