- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
5 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Small shopping centre with all the essentials you should need and a few souvenir shops and supermarket downstairs.Written 16 February 2016This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- lovely coffee and gifts unusual and native to Finland. Took a photo in the shop as its was so lovelyWritten 27 January 2014This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The brand "Riipisen" has several posts or outlets. They have Riipinen Wild Game Restaurant in Ruka (Rukatunturi, see separate reviews), Riipisen Wild Game and Souvenir Shop in Ruka (Rukakyläntie 8, Rukatunturi, see separate reviews), a small shop in Prisma Shopping Mall (Huoparintie 1, the city center of Kuusamo) and Riipisen Wild Game and Souvenir Shop in Kuusamo (Järvenpääntie 1, four kilometers from the city center to the direction of Ruka on Highway 5/E63). I want to explain this because people are often confused with these several outlets. It is still more confusing that actually Ruka is a part of Kuusamo (and Rukatunturi is a fell, i.e. a Lappish mountain, in Ruka), although people often think that Ruka is a separate municipality.
This review deals with Riipisen Wild Game and Souvenir Shop in Kuusamo (Järvenpääntie 1, four kilometers from the city center to the direction of Ruka on Highway 5/E63). This is the biggest one of all Riipisen shops and operates in two adjacent buildings. Here you find all possible Lappish souvenirs. They also have a nice cafeteria. Especially doughnuts are cheap and delicious.
However, the best part of this Riipisen shop is their scale model world in which you see many different miniatures from Lapland. You even meet the Moomins here! There isn't any admission fee to this scale model world but voluntary donations for the maintenance of the exhibition are appreciated.
Our whole family fell in love with this place. We made purchases, ate doughnuts and admired miniatures over an hour!Written 30 July 2015This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.