- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
40 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 40
What travellers are saying
- To recommend! Watched bears from short distance. Price is really worth it. Got cup of coffee and bun.Written 24 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Went with our family (kids 4 & 8 yo) and we all absolutely loved it. Super friendly but Finnish. Warm. Obviously it is business for them but it did not feel commercial. Highly recommending!!!Written 26 February 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The 1 km scenic path along the River Oulankajoki to view the rapids and waterfall leaves from the main entrance of Oulanka Visitor Centre at the Oulanka National Park, about 50 km from Kuusamo and 40 km from Salla (eastern Lapland). The rapids are impressive, and so are the red (dolomite) rocks on the other side of the river. Well worth a visit.Written 17 September 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The fishing day with Mika greatly exceeded our expectations. You can feel the passion of the staff for the activities they organise. Also, great conversations around a fire and delicious snacks about life in Finland. Many thxWritten 29 August 2021
- Only guided tours, 15€/ adult, about 45min. Tour was only finnish, not nice for foreigners. You will see brown bears, reindeers, bobcats (maybe), wolfhounds. we didn't see foxes. It is allways sad to see animals at cages, but I understand why these animals are here, some are found without their mom. About 30km from Kuusamo.Written 28 August 2020
- Very beautiful nature trail in Hossa Nature Park. Worht to visit if car in use. Difficult to reach with public busses. NAture it self a bit different compared to Karhunkierros / north Kuusamo. New bridge over the lake got wows from kids :)Written 30 July 2022
- We enjoyed this exhibition of amazing photographs and video presentations of nature by Hannu Hautala spanning over several decades, places and various seasons. There is also a comprehensive tourist information centre, cafe and a shop.Written 17 September 2021
- We are staying in the hotel so decided to spend a few afternoons here. Cost €10 per child plus one adult for a full day come and go pass. Large, clean, complimentary water dispenser. Probably most suited to the under tens.Written 5 December 2021
- A Nice day hike. This hike is more quiet than Small Bear Trail, not so crowded. The trail is mainly easy path to walk, some more difficult parts. About 6km long, takes 2-3 hours.. Great views to Oulanka canyon. The trail starts at Savilampi parking place, about 75km from Kuusamo, well signed from kuusamo - Salla road. No services, some fireplaces etc.Written 28 August 2020
- Definitely the place to go for a cup of tea, breakfast or artisan ice cream. Excellent service, you'll probably meet the friendly owner himself on the desk. You will also find goods to buy as a souvenir from Kuusamo or Finland, something else than the usual and maybe boring staff! :) We loved the baguettes and buns from their own bakery. And the prices are good!!Written 7 January 2013
- Called in the morning and we where wellcommed to ride same day. In a dark snowy forest with helmet lights on we had a nice riding trip. Child thinked this was best experience in Ruka so far.Written 26 December 2018
- I booked Ruka ski school through Crystal ski and couldn’t reccomend them highly enough. I had 5 days of 1 hour 45 min group lessons and was very impressed. The group sizes were small and separated by level of experience. I was lucky enough to have Ella as my instructor and she was fantastic; quality tuition, tailored to suit, provided structure to the day and was great fun. Can’t wait to return!Written 13 February 2022
- Visited 10+ times different spots and variety of hikes from 2-83km :) Little Karhunkierros is definetely the trail if you have only one day. Kanjonin kurkkaus, Oulanka, Konttainen-Valtavaara hot spots for daytrips as well. If you have 4-7days - take whole course 83km from Hautajärvi to Ruka - you'll love it.
Tested many different months: I like the end of spring to be best one, rivers are full of water (Jyrävä in May!) and no mosquitos...Written 30 July 2022
- Holidaying for a week in Finland. My girlfriend and I had a free afternoon in Ruka with the chance to do some optional excursions if we wanted. We chose to do ice karting.
Our tour guide did all the organising/booking for us. All we had to do was stand at a designated bus stop in Ruka at a given time and we got picked up by Ruka Adventures. We got taken to their base which was just a short 5-10 minute drive where we got kitted out with all the cold weather gear that we needed. We were then taxied to the ice track which again was just a short 5 minute drive up the road. Once there, we got our safety helmets and instruction on how to drive the karts and how the activity would be divided into practice laps, qualifying laps and race laps. We were then good to go.
My girlfriend was a little apprehensive about the whole experience but once she got behind the wheel, she transformed into a competitive, thrill seeking, ice karter! "Just call me Lewis", was her response when she finished the race.....although Lewis usually wins and she didn't! I did... but let's not make a big fuss about that. LOL.
Ice karting was great. Speeding around the track and trying not to spin out on corners was an adrenaline pumping experience. We had four people booked on our session and that made racing more challenging as more opportunity to practice overtaking manoeuvres. Everyone involved loved it, even the girlfriend who was initially a bit worried.
The lady (sorry can't remember your name- red curly hair from Romania ) who dealt with us at the ice track was very friendly and encouraged the racing spirit in us all.
We had a fab time but one small suggestion to help improve the experience. You have a computer and printer on site as you gave us all a print out of our lap times. Why not present everyone with some sort of certificate of the experience or maybe award a rosette to the race winner?Written 1 February 2022
- Booked and prepaid a family rafting adventure and it proved to be everything we were looking for. Easygoing and very reliable staff took us safely through the white waters of Kitkajoki. I and my husband got to dig in the rafting, and our 8 yo enjoyed the ride and splashes. Highly recommended and huge thanks to Sami and Kai for making our adventure a success.Written 8 June 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Kuusamo