- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
14 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- All in all I was a bit disappointed as it did look bigger when we looked at it before our arrival. Of the 4 mail lifts only two worked.Written 15 January 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The museums is surprisingly capacious and gives a very good overlook about their history. Lots to absorb and read. I recommend to visit to get a thorough overview of past and future.Written 22 August 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The lady who helped us was very very friendly. She took her time to explain the different attractions in Salla and gave us maps, pens, and stickers. Definitely stop by to meet this lovely lady!
On the basement of this building, there is a flea market. Didn’t end up buying anything but it was nice to see the stuff they had for sale.Written 4 January 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Sallatunturi Snowshoe Trail is 5 kilometers long. It starts from Tunturikummuntie parking place (from the same point with Kappahanoja winter biking track). You can rent snowshoes from Salla Ski Center and walk to Tunturikummuntie parking place. The snowshoe trail is maintained well with snowmobiles. So it is very easy to walk there, often even without snowshoes. The trail climbs onto Fell Big Sallatunturi (Iso Sallatunturi). There is a wooden observation tower there. It is free and open 24/7. Views are breathtakingly marvelous! It was interesting to see snow-covered trees and many fells (Lapp mountains) around Fell Big Sallatunturi.Written 4 March 2020
- There are 160 kilometers of cross-country skiing tracks in Salla (43 kilometers of them are illuminated). We chose a cross-country skiing track from Salla Ski Center (Sallatunturin Tuvat) to Fell Ruuhitunturi and back. The total distance was 16 kilometers. You can also choose a longer track (Salla Ski Center - Fell Ruuhitunturi - Salla Reindeer Park - Salla Ski Center), which is 20 kilometers long.
We had a break in Ruuhitunturi Ski Cafe (also known as Ruuhitunturi Wilderness Cafe and Ruuhitunturin Kahvila). We ate very delicious doughnuts and drank warm juice there. They also have a room for accommodation. So you can stay overnight there if you want but you should book it in advance. It is only 500 meters from the ski cafe to the observation tower of Ruuhitunturi.
Cross-country skiing tracks are maintained very well. Views are extremely beautiful. I especially loved trees covered with huge amounts of snow. The snow depth on the ground was 120 centimeters. So you shouldn't go there if you haven't trained cross-country skiing. Instead of it you can take a snowmobile safari there.Written 4 March 2020
- This is a free observation tower on the top of Fell Ruuhitunturi. It is open 24/7. You can start your hiking (in summer) or cross-country skiing (in winter) from Salla Reindeer Park or Sallatunturin Tuvat to get there. Views are extremely beautiful. You see up to Russia. I will never forget these views!Written 4 March 2020
- What a place! In the middle of nowhere and still in the middle of everything I needed: peace, quietness and nature.
Loved the hiking routes, everything so well marked. All huts had burning wood and a place to burn it if you wanted to heat water or cook a lunch.
Spent a week in the forest, loving every minute of it.Written 16 July 2020
- quaint little museum located in Salla.not a lot to see,but it is all very well laid out and the staff are very knowledgable..Written 15 February 2017
- My husband and I took our children (age 8 and 5) on a 3 hour reindeer safari, we had an amazing time! We really enjoyed learning lots about the reindeer from the lovely people that led our excursion. The staff were very friendly and actively encouraged us to ask lots of questions. The staff were really happy to chat to us and share their knowledge of the reindeer and the area. We loved feeding the reindeer and earning our reindeer drivers licence on our 5km sleigh ride! We really enjoyed our hot drink, sausage and bun in a fire hut which was a lovely way to warm up! Thank you for a wonderful time and an experience we will never forget!Written 15 March 2022
- Seen from the outside Snow Lounge Salla looks like a pile of snow. However, the interior is wonderful and amazing. You find an ice bar, an ice sculpture exhibition and accommodation rooms there. There isn't any entrance fee to the ice bar but you have to pay if you want to see all rooms including accommodation rooms and the ice sculpture exhibition. Everything is built of snow and ice from the local lake. They also have an ice chapel for weddings and anniversaries. Besides, they have year-round Aurora Hut glass igloos, which can float on lake water. This is a quite small but extremely astonishing place. You have to see this!Written 2 March 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Salla
- The best outdoor activities in Salla according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Salla on Tripadvisor