42 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 42
What travellers are saying
- The big part of museum is interactive, so kids enjoyed it a lot and simplicity of explanation helped them to understand everything. It touches all parts - daily life of locals, nature, history of all region an Rovaniemi town itself. Only one thing why we are giving four stars is that not all parts of stands were working properly at that timeWritten 23 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A great day out for me and my husband. Highly enjoyable for 2 adults in their early 30's with no children. We ate at the 3 elves restaurant which was a lovely atmosphere as well as good food. Great to see the village during daylight and darkness. We spent the hours between 1.45ish to 6pm there. Transport was very easy to and from.
Walking around was fun, as well as visiting Santa, posting a postcard to loved ones, seeing reindeer and husky's.Written 7 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We were taken on a 3 hour tour by Rasmus. A local guy who is a master on snowmobile.
He really gave us value for money! In the beginning a littlebit ‘shy’ but after seeing we were enthusiastic and were not really the slow types je opened up and showed us a great time. Great job Rasmus! And to Artic Lifestyle: ‘ hang on to this guy!’Written 26 February 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Walking in a beautiful forest area, covered in low annuals, imagining a scene in winter where the snow is often up to a metre deep. The path is well formed and easy to walk on. Tranquil, though in summer be prepared for mosquitos.Written 3 August 2023
- Such a wonderful resort! We always wanted to try snowboarding so booked daily lessons with the resort. Our coach, Tilda was absolutely amazing and is a wonderful teacher - I cannot wait to see her again one day! I loved the relaxed atmosphere of the resort (compared to other Alpine, etc. resorts where it is all a bit too much of everything) - everyone was very welcoming and friendly! Susanna - our final day coach was also great and was amazing at guiding me at the next level slope! I honestly cannot wait to go back! Thank you for such an amazing time!Written 14 February 2023
- It was a nice indoor experience to hide from the cold. We are there for around 3-4 hours. It's good for half a day.Written 3 December 2023
- Great experience with night walk in the forest with snowshoes!
A dinner at the middle in a kotta was à very good moment
We recommandWritten 8 February 2023
- It's like to be already on Christmas eve :)
People there are very nice and the elves when you meet Santa Claus are very funny!Written 7 March 2023
- Yes we have all heard about the Second World War but this memorial is to a part that at least I wasn't familiar with. The dealings between Finland, Germany and Russia are the backdrop to the existence of this memorial/cemetery and an important part of the recent history of the area.Written 22 November 2019
- We visited the Raitola Reindeer and Husky Farm with two children aged 4 and 7. We pre booked the 'Family Day' package and were picked up on time from reception at the Santa Holiday Village and driven the short distance to the farm.
When we arrived, we were given all in one suits and boots to change into, these are not only warmer but do stop your clothes from getting covered in the fur from the reindeer hides that you sit on throughout the day.
We loved both the reindeer and husky ride, which took you through the snowy picturesque forest. The reindeer ride was very relaxing and lasted around 30 minutes, and the husky ride around 3 minutes. It would have been nicer for a longer husky ride, but it was probably the right amount of time for the kids as the dogs run fast and with the wind chill factor makes it extra cold! After both rides, we got plenty of time to meet and pet the reindeer and dogs as well as listen to the staff give a talk about the animals whilst being served warm berry juice and gingerbread biscuits.
We also had lunch included in the package, which consisted of salmon soup and warm bread, then cakes and coffee. The salmon soup was spot on and really filling.
At the end of the day, the children got a bit of time to play in the snow and toboggan down a small slope before receiving a little cuddly toy as a gift, which was thoughtful.
The whole day was well organised, but the only recommendation I would have for this place is to stagger the arrival times slightly so that not everybody is changing into their gear at the same time, as the room is fairly small and got a bit hectic.Written 20 November 2023
- The stylish and cleanest climbing place I've seen in Finland or abroad. There was routes for everyone, even for me 😁 more than a year break from the last time and had a great experience! Wonderful and professional staff. Thank's Väki!Written 24 March 2022
- Absolutely incredible experience, we did the aurora evening experience… sadly it was too cloudy for aurora but the ice skating was amazing ( with good equipment for beginners) and so peaceful, and the meal afterwards was excellent! We were made to feel very welcome and I would love to go back.Written 10 December 2023
- I cannot speak highly enough of the customer service of this tour operator.
I accidentally booked this tour from Levi (200km away from Rovaniemi). When they called me the day before to confirm pick location, we both realised that I had booked from the wrong town. At this late stage I thought that it would probably be too late notice to get me on another tour, and that I would lose the money I’d paid.
Without any bother at all they called me back 10 minutes later and confirmed my new tour details out of Rovaniemi.
The tour itself was wonderful. We were given so much interesting information about both the husky dogs and the reindeer. The rides themselves were quite short but to be honest, you wouldn’t want them to be too much longer. It was more about experiencing the difference. The lunch at the cabin was a real bonus.
After lunch was the real highlight of the tour. The one hour snowmobile tour. The route was interesting and you definitely felt like you were getting out into the wilderness. The pace was consistently between 30-40kmh and the terrain was up and down. The kids loved being on the sledge behind the lead driver and at halfway they swapped to sit on the snowmobile.
Dries our Belgian guide was amazing. Knowledgeable and patient, professional at all times. A beautifully balanced tour delivered by a a very customer focused company.Written 6 December 2023
- Wow! This was certainly the highlight of our family’s trip to Lapland. The staff do make sure that you feel welcomed, they have a smile on their faces and are eager to help with anything you might need. They are very knowledgeable about judging and huskies and will gladly answer any questions. The landscape is so beautiful. We took the Happy trail late afternoon, and got to ride thru a frozen forest and lake after dark. You’ll go with a group, you will be taught how to drive your sleigh l, and there’s also 2 staff members in snowmobiles assisting the group. After the 45 min ride, we could give the dogs treats (you can buy the trays there) and have a cuddle with the lovely dogs. we were the. taken to a cosy wooden teepee and were given warm berry juice and gingerbread cookies, around a nice fire. Id recommend this company 1,000 times, with my eyes closed! They are very serious, organised, friendly and look after the dogs with a lot of love.Written 8 December 2023
- Aurora Borealis hunting.
4 reviews·5 photos
a day ago
I was able to appreciate the difference in Marti, the northern light hunter and an avid photographer, versus the earlier 2 outings with another operators. He was actively driving and searching, or I should say , chasing for clear sky to …More
Local Guide·38 reviews·83 photos
a month ago
It has been a wonderful experience. We had Gabriele and Cristopher as guides, two wonderful people whose explanations we loved. We were able to enjoy a day at Santa Claus Village with a reindeer ride, traditional food buffet, visit to …More
3 reviews·3 photos
a week ago
The snowshoeing tour was great! We could borrow overalls and shoes for the tour as well as the snowshoes themselves.
Our guides, Joel and Jane, did a great job navigating us through the snowy …More
3 reviews·3 photos
a week ago
My wife and I got to know Nordic Unique Travels through our tour guide and we went to book the Arctic Dinner with Private Sauna and Jacuzzi. …More
4 reviews·5 photos
a day ago
I was able to appreciate the difference in Marti, the northern light hunter and an avid photographer, versus the earlier 2 outings with another operators. He was actively driving and searching, or I should say , chasing for clear sky to secure higher probability of seeing the northern light NL. He made quick stops, making calls and searching the Internet app and he seems to have the chat network with similar NL hunters spreading around to achieve real time communication . The confidence in the operandi modus was really professional. He set up the camera and lens, scanning through the sky and achieved multiple hits with good blast of NL. I can see he enjoyed the wait , the hunt and more so , the astronomical photography. He would spare the entire night beyond his time for duty as he loves taking pictures of the sky. I would say my family had a great time , with incessant photo taking to our heart's content with the back drop of the beautiful AURORA BOREALIS. I thank him for providing this invaluable experience and indelible memory for the outing with my family.
Thank you Marti.
RegardsWritten 4 December 2023