- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
26 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- We took a drive down from Rovaniemi which took just over an hour. Easy to find.
We only saw two other couples on the entire 3.5km trail - if was a cold day with snow around which perhaps puts the locals off visiting. The cafe was closed.
The trail is very well marked and once you are away from the force of the dam and former log chute, there are literally no sounds other than nature to disturb.
An inquisitive reindeer followed us for a while but given it was winter the rest of nature was keeping warm elsewhere.
There are a few steps up and down and as it was slippery underfoot we covered the route in a steady 2.5 hours.
A lovely way to take in the fresh air and see some of Finland’s natural beauty.Written 13 November 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Amazing and very impressive view over Finland and rovaniemi if you have a sunny day. Hidden spot but worth to walk there even if it’s cold!Written 8 January 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We had a great tour of the amethyst mine. Alex, our guide, was very personable and explained some Finnish customs to us during our ride to the site. He also allowed us to stop for an unplanned lunch on our return trip. The mine tour itself was very educational, and we enjoyed mining for amethysts!Written 8 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Dog sledding through the Arctic Circle as the sun rises, what more can you dream of on a trip to Finland? Everything was perfect... the people at Bearhill were knowledgeable and helpful, the dogs were so much fun, and the experience was once in a lifetime! Special shout-out to one of our dogs, Hoppa, who was the funniest rebel dog. He just wanted to roll in the snow and play with his friends, instead of running! The trip itself was stunning; we alternated between driving the sled and sitting in it, so each person had time to take pictures or experience leading the team. We went through forests and over frozen lakes, up and down hills, and there were guides along the way to make sure the dogs stayed on track and that nothing went wrong. After we had a chance to meet the dogs and pet them, and feed them treats (5 euro each, but so worth it because it made the dogs so happy!!!!), then we warmed up with tea and cookies. A thrilling experience, wow!Written 28 January 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We have experienced the on 1 hour long snowmobile ride in the wild (family of 2+2; children aged 5 and 8). We were fortunate enough to be guided by the owner himself. Such a wonderful man. Once he got to know that it is my son's birthday he offered us a mini-snowmobile ride free of charge. He has also showed us around the whole facility and took the time to talk to us and really spend the time with us. The ride was also great. It is really in the wild, not "around the block". The place, the people and the whole experience was just great. Would highly recommend.Written 28 February 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Empresa enfocada al turismo sostenible que organiza todas las actividades en español (o inglés) y en grupos reducidos.
Realizamos con ellos todos nuestros tours: Korouoma, huskies, aurora boreal y raquetas de nieve. No pudimos elegir mejor, la atención, profesionalidad y simpatía de Igor y Hugo hacen la experiencia inolvidable.
Si quieres una alternativa a las empresas de turismo masificado y buscas una experiencia personalizada y respetuosa con los animales y el medio ambiente, no lo dudes y contacta con ellos.
Company focused on sustainable tourism that organizes all activities in Spanish (or English) and in small groups.
We do all our tours with them: Korouoma, huskies, northern lights and snowshoes. We couldn't choose better, the attention, professionalism and friendliness of Igor and Hugo make the experience unforgettable.
If you want an alternative to mass tourism companies and you are looking for a personalized and respectful experience with animals and the environment, do not hesitate and contact them.Written 27 January 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Professionally organized bike rental. Equipment is good quality and the routes are well serviced and breathtaking beautiful.Written 27 January 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- A really wonderful experience!!
The sleigh-ride was a great adventure. Sarah, our guide, was really really friendly and told us a lot about the dogs and the farm. We had a great time at Husky Point. Everybody was so nice and the dogs got treated really well. We had a lot of time cuddling the dogs and had cookies and tea at the farm.
It was the best experience for us! We can really recommend this trip.Written 6 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- One of the best decision's of my trip to Finland was my experience with the Beyond Arctic team! I had selected private aurora photogrgaphy tour, Korouma frozen waterfall photography tour. Although we were not lucky to get the aurora due to poor weather, Maiju made sure we understood and trained us on how to photograph the auroras. It proved to be quite precious when we got the chance to see the auroras on our own a few days later. The same goes for Nadja on our frozen waterfall tour. She was extremely informative and gave us a great experience during this tour. Last but but not the least, Juho was phenomenal and really patient with the millions of questions I had prior to the trip (related to the tour and general Finland questions) and he had made sure that we had our trip extremely comfortable and well planned.
I highly recommend Beyond Arctic because they are extremely focussed with a small group and excellent photographers.
Thank you Beyond Arctic!Written 23 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Well we were lucky to witness northern lights at the Misi River but I will not shy away to not only thank Mother Nature but also Wild About Lapland. They are punctual, gives importance to attention to details and ensures customer satisfaction is the upmost bar. We were taken to three different places in a well maintained van with Luka who was simply outstanding. He explained us about Northern lights, clicked pictures, explained us about Finland and it's great culture, Sami people and the list goes on. Kudos to him for making this a lifetime experience. Thanks teamWritten 14 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We have travelled extensively as a couple and have been on many tours but these guys are on top of the game. We booked a Northern Lights tour and or hosts were 'Jordi' and 'Barnabus' . They went above and beyond. We stayed out longer then the tour was advertised for to make sure we had the best chance to spot the lights and thanks to them we did. We had plenty of barbeque sausages and hot berry juice to keep us warm. Jordi captured some amazing photos and helped everyone with their cameras to make sure the photos were captured as best as possible. 2 fantastic tour guides.
We also done a Snowmobile and animals day with 'Anders'. This was equally as good as the first tour, Anders made sure that everyone on the tour was having a great time. The husky and reindeer farm was great fun and you could tell that the animals were well cared for. The snowmobiling was great fun and Anders made sure that every was going at a pace that was comfortable for them.
TLDR: Don't hesitate just book the tour!Written 31 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Used the services of the company in Nurmes and rented a snowmobile. Very good rental experience, snowmobiles are in good shape and inspected after previous rent. Renting agreement was detailed and all questions were answered. Definitely can be recommended!Written 1 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Me and my friend booked the trip very spontaneously and it was the best decision ever. Martin Stefanov was our guide and he made the experience truly unique. We were fortunate enough to have a private tour, so we had a lot of time floating. Even though we did not see Aurora, it didn't matter at all, as seeing some stars and the sky as well as just being so close to nature in the middle of nowhere was truly beautiful enough! 😍
Martin also gave us many recommendations what else to do in the area and shared a lot of his really inspiring stories. I would recommend anyone to take this tour, especially when Martin is the guide!!Written 5 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Last night my husband and I went on the esafari we with Helmi. We had the best experience due to Helmi, her care and professionalism. She is the best tour guide you can wish for to take you on the Aurora esafari!
Thank you, Helmi! :)
Polly & MaxWritten 23 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The Riekko chalet where we stayed was great.The location in Ounasvaara is fantastic! On the trips (reindeer, husky, Northern Light) Normund was a perfect guide. Very punctual and friendly also. We did the norderlight hunting with him. It was a great experience. Thanks Normund for your contribution to our unforgettable holiday. Greetz, family StevensWritten 7 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.