Landmarks/ Points of Interest in Rovaniemi
THE 5 BEST Rovaniemi Points of Interest & Landmarks
Points of Interest & Landmarks in Rovaniemi
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Sights & Landmarks
7 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Points of Interest & Landmarks • Character Experiences
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Speciality & Gift Shops • Points of Interest & Landmarks
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- It's the official residence of santa claus and it's a village to explore on its own, there are other smaller attractions within like an ice world and stuff but i think it's generally for the young ones and also these smaller attractions within requires an entrance fee.
I did try the reindeer ride which is well worth for the experience and just to feel what its like on a sleigh with the reindeers.
The must visit would be the post office whereby you would get to see the letters across the world that were mailed here to santa claus. I would also recommend sending one to yourself from here for the upcoming Christmas just so to remind yourself you have actually been to this almost magical place on earth in the arctic circle.
Somewhere in the middle of the village is also where you can pay santa claus a visit and have an official photograph taken with him, and yes it cost 50 euros to have it printed in a laminated photo with an official santa claus cover.
All in all I enjoyed my visit here and lastly it's easy to get here from the city centre, simply hop on the bus that says its going to santa claus village and in doubt just simply ask your hotel receptionist.Written 18 May 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It's like to be already on Christmas eve :)
People there are very nice and the elves when you meet Santa Claus are very funny!Written 7 March 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We visited Rovaniemi city centre from Santa Claus Village to collect from rented winter clothes. While we were there we decided to spend some time and visited Lordi's Square. It's a square. It has some shops. That's all we have to say. It actually turned out useful as our son had a fingernail infection and the pharmacy there were very helpful. But, yeah.Written 21 February 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The best Official Santa Claus in Rovaniemi! Magical experience at his new office in Rovaniemi City Center.Met the Official Santa Claus at his New Office in Rovaniemi City Center. He warmly welcomed us from the outside of his Christmas mini house into his Office. You could really tell How passionate he is about meeting people from around the world. Very Nice and loving. It was indeed a magical encounter! The best Official Santa Claus in Rovaniemi!
Moreover, the photos are affordable and it comes with Santa’s signature. We also took certificates certifying that we met the real SC along with his signature. We were also allowed to shoot a video and take pictures during and after the signing using our own camera for free. All of us left his Office super happy. I highly recommend meeting Santa at his new office in the city center of Rovaniemi. ❤️Written 5 February 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Good place to see Aurora Borealis (northern lights), with 360º view of the sky. This is a huge frozen lake, 8-10 minutes from Santa Claus Village. Easily accessible, it has a "kota" (traditional public fireplace).Written 31 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This place is one of the best around Rovaniemi to see the Aurora during the winter.
It is a frozen lake, almost no lights in the surrounding and you have a 360º view of the sky, excellent to see Aurora storms.
It is easily accessible by car (about 15min. from Rovaniemi center and 7 minutes from Santa Claus village.).
There is a kind of a hut with a fire pit to protect yourself from the cold and roast marshmallows, you can get free wood from another hut next door.Written 27 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- 90 year old knives house…One of the few buildings spared during the second world war. Take a look at the mini museum of old knives and pick souvenirs to bring back.Written 30 March 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions about Rovaniemi
- These places are best for points of interest & landmarks in Rovaniemi:
- Santa Claus Village
- Santa Claus Office
- Lordi's Square
- Marttiini Store Old Factory
- Santa Claus City Office
- These are the best places for kid-friendly points of interest & landmarks in Rovaniemi:See more points of interest & landmarks for children in Rovaniemi on Tripadvisor