- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
24 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- If you are looking for a place to stay in Rovaniemi, it is definitely here! Room and shop was so cozy and comfortable, and the handicrafts were so pretty to look at, and you can even see how they are made. we had a great time. Definitely recommend!Written 5 July 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- 90 year old knives house…One of the few buildings spared during the second world war. Take a look at the mini museum of old knives and pick souvenirs to bring back.Written 30 March 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Maybe it was because of visiting Santa Claus Village during May when if was very much out of the season, but this place is the most interesting one in the whole park for me, meaning that you can still do something here even in summer.
You can send a Christmas postcard to your friends the whole year, including sending the postcard that will be delivered during the next Christmas. Or you can pay 8 Euro and send a letter from Santa to you or someone that you know, in a language that you choose from the offered ones.
The ladies working at this place were super friendly.Written 25 June 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- One of the main shopping centres in Rovaniemi, and the name translates as "Northern Lights"! Really useful hub for our trip, with the K-Mart, decent restaurant range, clothing shops that have useful items for your excursions. Well worth the visit while you're in the town!Written 15 February 2023
- When your are in Rovaniemi, visit this great place. You can find all special things to take back home. Go!Written 5 November 2019
- If you ever wanted to live and learn about the culture and lifestyle of this wonderful Lapland you are visiting from a true believer and practitioner in the old ways, search no further.
Spending the day in Irene and Ari’s heart warming workshop and loving home was a unique and fantastic experience.
Starting with the incomparable Irene, teaching you about the daily life of caring for a reindeer herd and living in the midst of the Laplandic wilderness from past times to modern times. Learning about the rich and unique history, tradition, hardships and beliefs of all the territories above the northern arctic circle from their own family ancestors experience. Then being shown how they personally craft and bring to life the art of these lands and heritage from the bounties of Mother Nature. You will learn and experience it all from possibly the warmest and most interesting character to be found in the country.
To give you a concrete example, when moving to the practical application of crafting, Ari and Irene designed on the spot and helped us craft a one of a kind pendulum for our yet to be born child from reindeer horn and traditional materials.
But the surprises don’t stop there, moving from their workshop to their own lovely home in the woods, you will be treated to a delicious spread of home baked local delicacies, cakes, tea, coffee and hot chocolate. Above all the home made blueberries and lingonberry juice Irene makes from the berries she gathers herself is something indescribable that you will never get the chance to taste coming from a store.
In short this cultural experience is something that could easily go unnoticed in the middle of a catalogue offering exciting excursions with fancy action pictures. But take it from people that have actually had the privilege of spending a day with Irene and Ari; it will enrich your life and fill your heart with memories so much more while leaving you with a deep appreciation for the land, the traditions and the people of Lapland!Written 13 February 2023
- Our vacation in Finland Lapland from 18 to 23 Dec17 was indeed wonderful. We were lucky to have chosen Scandi Classics to arrange all the tours, cruise and safari for us. All activities and arrangement were on schedule as planned. We were also happy that all details listed in their website materialise and they didn't miss anything. All their arrangements, appointments and pick-ups were punctual and they really make sure we get whatever were specified and promised in their website. We also extended our stay in Helsinki with Scandic Classics from 23 to 26 Dec. We indeed had a very enjoyable and memorable vacation in Finland Lapland. We were happy that Scandi Classics made it possible for us, 5. Good job, Scandic Classics !Written 7 January 2018
- You will find a small selection of fashion shops, mostly of well known brands. If you wish to eat, fast food is easily available in the upper floor. In the ground floor I would pamper myself at Café Antell, which is a very nice place. Other shops include a bar, hairdresser's and pharmacy. Overall this mall is a bit old and to be honest it could need renovation.Written 5 July 2015
- I went to SusiVilla, and to meet Annika who is the brains behind it. The idea of a handicraft workshop and knitting is a very new and fresh idea in Rovaniemi. She organizes different kind of workshops where you can actually make your beanies and neck warmers from a very high-quality materials. You can tell by her experience with customers and how she handles the guiding etc, that she is a pro in her business.
This is a ''different'' tourist attraction in Rovaniemi, and its worth checking out!Written 2 April 2015
- Really bright and inviting place to visit. Alot of Moomin products but also alot of other things! If you like Moomin it's a must to visit. And the owners are really nice and helpfull (:Written 5 November 2018
- What a lovely boutique! Warm atmosphere, beautiful decor, clean and good quality pre-loved clothing in simple racks. The owners are two young, local and pretty ladies happy to talk you through the ideology of pre-loved fashion. We found Finnish designer clothes in second hand prices! Also for sale new design items. On top you can take a break in a cozy cafe corner and enjoy Rovaniemi brewed coffee and cakes. A must visit when in Rovaniemi!Written 2 August 2021