Popular things to do
Top Attractions in Rovaniemi
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Great spot to stop by and spend a few hours, interesting history and really showcases life in the arctic circle.Written 18 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- it was nice experience in santa clause village they have made arctic circle line one must take photos crossing itWritten 10 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The actual Father Christmas was really believable, looked the part and the accent definitely added to the magic.
But the experience as a whole was disappointing- the waiting area was quite small and could have been a lot more magical - just a few little extras would have gone a long way - we arrived at 10.30 and still had a good 40min wait. There wasn’t even a door blocking the queue from the Santa clause room just a rope so the kids could see what was happening. I think if I was to do it again I’d try booking one of the Santa tours into the forest.Written 29 November 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The cave was fun but very much designed for families with young children. The ice cave and vodka shots were great.Written 15 January 2020
- Amazing and very impressive view over Finland and rovaniemi if you have a sunny day. Hidden spot but worth to walk there even if it’s cold!Written 8 January 2022
- Me? A bit less since the kids refused to leave, they thought it was that nice, so I had to stay there for 2 hours longer than planned. But since playgrounds ARE for kids mainly, I guess that is actually a good sign?Written 28 March 2022
- We took a drive down from Rovaniemi which took just over an hour. Easy to find.
We only saw two other couples on the entire 3.5km trail - if was a cold day with snow around which perhaps puts the locals off visiting. The cafe was closed.
The trail is very well marked and once you are away from the force of the dam and former log chute, there are literally no sounds other than nature to disturb.
An inquisitive reindeer followed us for a while but given it was winter the rest of nature was keeping warm elsewhere.
There are a few steps up and down and as it was slippery underfoot we covered the route in a steady 2.5 hours.
A lovely way to take in the fresh air and see some of Finland’s natural beauty.Written 13 November 2021
- We had so much fun walking the reindeer! The staff were super friendly and kind. We got there for the last tour and they didn't rush us at all! After our reindeer walk they let us look around the rest of the farm even though it was closing time. We would definitely recommend this farm!!Written 25 September 2022
- I highly recommend the Santa and Elf experience, we have two kids, 7 years old, and a kid of 9 years with questions about Santa, and with this experence he change his mind and keep believe in magicWritten 25 December 2021
- Firstly I have to say the centre is quite small. That surprised us at first. But when you enter the exhibition you realise the interactivness is the key to a great visit. Every little detail is well thought through. You get to experience the Northern forests with all senses! Our family had a great few hours touching, smelling, feeling and learning - also singing karaoke and getting lost in the woods. 😄 The staff here is super: do ask them for guidance. Also the Pilke shop is a good spot to scout for souvenirs.Written 12 March 2022
- This resort is very near to Santa Village. Easy access by a taxi. Love that the resort is not touristy and best part not crowded. Staff was also very friendly and helpful here. Made a couple of enquiries before going and they were very prompt in advising us on the correct rental equipments and also the lesson plan for my two boys. Everything can be booked prior to your arrival and you just have to collect your items accordingly once you reach the resort. Do note that they do not provide rental of ski clothings , pls wear appropriate attire before heading down. Instructor was clear in his lesson and my two boys enjoyed it thoroughly! There was also a small cafe serving some hot food and pastries if you are feeling peckish after skiing.Written 5 January 2022
- Was well worth it though, and the service was excellent in every way. Would go again if in the area.Written 28 March 2022
- nice old church there are as such not much sight seeing places in Rovaniemi so its good if you visit this placeWritten 10 November 2022
- Our Canterbury travel guide arranged for us to have a short shopping stop here before our flight home from Rovenimi airport. Because we had seen the REAL Santa in his home, we were advised to give the large red building on the right a very wide berth as they advertised a chance to meet a certain person!!! . But that wasn't a problem as there was lots of tourist shops in the Arctic village, they all sold pretty much the same things. But because the place we had stayed had been so remote we hadn't managed to buy any Christmas mementos . At the village there was a good choice of Xmas decor, and obviously lots of soft toys. But we also had the chance to post Xmas cards back to the UK with the Arctic circle postmark direct from the North Pole post office. I had taken cards with us ready just for this..
We only had an hour there, I would have liked a little longer, but we cut it fine for our flight home. The airport is only minutes away. It was lovely to finish off the perfect holiday here, and nothing was ridiculously priced, even for a captive audienceWritten 16 June 2018
- In the summer is not a special nordic view. But is nice to cross it for a walk, to watch the water and boats. Definitely is so big that you cannot miss it.Written 9 July 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Rovaniemi
- The best day trips from Rovaniemi according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Hunting Northern Lights with Lappish Barbecue from Rovaniemi
- Rovaniemi Day Tour Including Santa Claus Village, Husky and Reindeer Farm Visits
- Icebreaker Full-Day Guided Cruise Tour in Rovaniemi with Lunch
- Guided Ranua Wildlife Park tour, Small group adventure, Lunch included
- Day trip to Santa Claus Village from Levi