Popular things to do
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- The big part of museum is interactive, so kids enjoyed it a lot and simplicity of explanation helped them to understand everything. It touches all parts - daily life of locals, nature, history of all region an Rovaniemi town itself. Only one thing why we are giving four stars is that not all parts of stands were working properly at that timeWritten 23 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A great day out for me and my husband. Highly enjoyable for 2 adults in their early 30's with no children. We ate at the 3 elves restaurant which was a lovely atmosphere as well as good food. Great to see the village during daylight and darkness. We spent the hours between 1.45ish to 6pm there. Transport was very easy to and from.
Walking around was fun, as well as visiting Santa, posting a postcard to loved ones, seeing reindeer and husky's.Written 7 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Highly recommend this place, we had the most wonderful time. It’s was well organised and not rushed. Elves were great and Santa so friendly. Definitely worth the money.Written 2 December 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Walking in a beautiful forest area, covered in low annuals, imagining a scene in winter where the snow is often up to a metre deep. The path is well formed and easy to walk on. Tranquil, though in summer be prepared for mosquitos.Written 3 August 2023
- It was a nice indoor experience to hide from the cold. We are there for around 3-4 hours. It's good for half a day.Written 3 December 2023
- Such a wonderful resort! We always wanted to try snowboarding so booked daily lessons with the resort. Our coach, Tilda was absolutely amazing and is a wonderful teacher - I cannot wait to see her again one day! I loved the relaxed atmosphere of the resort (compared to other Alpine, etc. resorts where it is all a bit too much of everything) - everyone was very welcoming and friendly! Susanna - our final day coach was also great and was amazing at guiding me at the next level slope! I honestly cannot wait to go back! Thank you for such an amazing time!Written 14 February 2023
- Amazing and very impressive view over Finland and rovaniemi if you have a sunny day. Hidden spot but worth to walk there even if it’s cold!Written 8 January 2022
- We did a hiking with alpacas activity in the beginning of November, and it was a fun experience!
We arrived at the farm and met Inka, our guide for the activity. She then took us to meet Pena and Eevertti, the 2 cute alpacas who accompanied us in the hike.
The hike was through the forest behind the farm, and the landscape was beautiful, with tall trees covered by snow, as well as some smaller pine trees and bushes at which the alpacas were stopping to have a snack :D.
Along the way, Inka told us a couple of things about alpacas, and she helped us taking some great pictures with the alpacas with our phone.
After the hike, we spent a couple of hours at the farm, where you can see some other animals, like goats (which you can brush and pet), reindeers which you can feed (it costs 5 euros for a bag of twigs), a pony, etc. Also they have a couple of kotas in which the fire is burning, so you can buy some hot drink and drink it in the kota to get warm.
There was also a place for kids with swings and stuff, and also a small icy slope to slide down on with a mattress.
Overall it was a fun activity, and given the fact that you can also visit the farm afterwards, it’s something really worth doing.Written 26 November 2023
- We had to stop in town for a little bit and I wanted to see at least one heritage place, so this was it. This church is rather massive, even though it isnt a cathedral, and the exterior, although fine is quickly overshadowed by the light, colorful and harmonious interior, endowed with a magnificent frescoe. Outside the church, there is a beautiful WW2 monument and grave as well. and the city library is very close by. Basically, there is no reason not to take a look in here.Written 1 October 2023
- Firstly I have to say the centre is quite small. That surprised us at first. But when you enter the exhibition you realise the interactivness is the key to a great visit. Every little detail is well thought through. You get to experience the Northern forests with all senses! Our family had a great few hours touching, smelling, feeling and learning - also singing karaoke and getting lost in the woods. 😄 The staff here is super: do ask them for guidance. Also the Pilke shop is a good spot to scout for souvenirs.Written 12 March 2022
- Angry birds park great free fun has a zip wire, plenty of snow and a big hill for sledging! (Sledges lying around or buy for approx 12 euros from supermarket) Also walk along the river bank towards candle bridge to left is another park with an ice rink and you can hire skates or just slide away with snow boots on for free 😀Written 22 November 2023
- We visited the city centre from the Santa Claus Village to pick up some winter clothes that we were renting, so we decided to spend the morning in Rovaniemi. There really isn't much to do here but visit the Arkitrum museum and take in the views of the Lumberjack Candle Bridge. Is it good? Sure. It's an impressive bridge, and it's worth a photo. I'm not sure what else to tell you about it.Written 21 February 2023
- Great experience with night walk in the forest with snowshoes!
A dinner at the middle in a kotta was à very good moment
We recommandWritten 8 February 2023
- Nice stop to see and interact with reindeers, as every other venue was closed when we were in Rovaniemi. It is located behind Santa Klaus' village, it costs 5€, if I remember well, and they give you a birch branch to feed the reindeers. Very nice for kids, good for everyone.Written 5 October 2023
- This library was completed in 1965.
It is one of the many libraries designed by the famous architect Alvar Aalto who also designed the Lappia House (Rovaniemi Theater) next to the library.
All of his libraries are known for the spacious library hall, book recesses, and skylights.
In addition to books, you can always find a small art exhibition at this library.Written 13 December 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Rovaniemi
- The best day trips from Rovaniemi according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Rovaniemi Northern Light Hunt with Campfire and BBQ with Transfer
- Rovaniemi Santa Claus Village Husky Reindeer Farm Arctic Museum
- Ranua Zoo tour, optional lunch
- Korouoma Frozen Waterfalls Hiking Tour
- Trip to Pyhä-Luosto National Park and Amethyst Mine
Rovaniemi Attractions Information