Ski & Snow Tours • Nature & Wildlife Tours
9 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- We were with a small tour group. It was a wonderful experience. The dogs are so well looked after and loved and in turn they love what they do. They would look back to us if we were going slower than what they wanted as if to say “Why are you putting on the brake?”
So very glad that this was part of our itinerary.Written 7 December 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We had so much fun at their husky safari with our kids. It was more fun than we could ever imagine. High recommendations for everyone 🤩🤗Written 12 February 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Snowshoeing and cross-country skiing trips were lovely! 💙🤍💙🤍 Beautiful scenery, amazing views and great company!
Erwan is an excellent guide; he is friendly, funny and knows how to engage with people of all ages and nationalities. He easily adapts the program to everyone’s needs and desires. Lappitrek provides everything you need for your hikes - totally worry free and very well organized. 👍🏼👌🏼👌🏼👌🏼
I would highly recommend using his company for your Lapland adventures and treks.
I will definitely be back for more fun!!!!!!!! ❄️☃️💫🌙Written 4 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We went on the 5 km express run with my family, it was an amazing experience. Good to see how they enjoy what they are doing and how well the dogs are treated.:)Written 15 March 2022
- This is very unique and wonderful tour in Levi. Petra made everything possible to guarantee that we enjoyed all the activities. The forest and the lake are astonishing, and it's very impressive to know that all her family is taking care of them. We loved the ice fishing and walking through the forest, as well as a delicious salmon soup. As a former teacher, Petra knows how to explain all the information and was able to answer all our questions about the place and animals around. Great fun with an affordable price.Written 6 November 2022
- We traveled yesterday 12.12.2022. Dublin to Enontekio.
We traveled with Canterbury pre pandemic for both a one day trip & a few days which were magical trips.
We had planned to return but the pandemic hit. This was another very special opportunity to relive our now teen’s childhood memories.
We did have a wonderful time as a family and although we hadn’t intended visiting Santa on this trip and intended just to have a magical snow day - we are glad we didn’t opt out of venturing into Santa’s cabin as he was superb. Truly lovely.
Our teens couldn’t but feel warm hearted, special and Christmassy and it was worth all the niggly negatives of the trip for those magic moments.
The elves at Santa’s cabin were brilliant. There was a girl elf called Trixie and she was so sweet. There were other amazing elves dabbled around the site.
We flew with Jet2 . It was supposed to be a “ Canterbury” trip but it was very apparent Canterbury had basically chartered a Jet2 plane and the Jet2 hosts had no interest in Christmas whatsoever.
You could be forgiven for thinking you were on the wrong plane and indeed that it was a cheap package summer flight to anywhere sunny.
The stewards were functioning robotic and sorry - very vain people.
They were technically polite but had no empathy.
After waiting an hour on the tarmac in Dublin, which was obviously not the stewards or any of the staff’s fault, a child asked when was the Carol singing starting.
The stewardess replied that everyone can sing when they get to see Santa.
The child’s mother was visibly gobsmacked.
Then a grandmother who was getting perplexed , asked why did the stewards bother handing out colouring pages with no colouring pencils and the stewardess said because they didn’t have any.
The grandmother preceded to explain they had travelled with Canterbury before , then the plane had been decorated, there was Carol singing and it had been festive.
She explained to relive the special experience they had paid many 1000”s of either € or £ and she was feeling really disappointed for the whole family that there were absolutely no festivities on the plane.
The staff onsite at the Lapland experience were quite jaded too. I heard staff discussing how by the time Christmas Day comes they are fed up of Christmas and it’s just another day. That it’s Christmas every day from the end of November.
As it was only the 12th of December I was a bit shocked and thought that’s a discussion for them to have off site away from the customers that have paid a small fortune to come here!
The husky sleigh broke down so we didn’t get a go but they did let us cuddle the huskies which was gorgeous.
The site was stunning , especially the ice house / igloo. The berry juice was very watery and no yummy cookies this year!
We as a family had a special time because we made sure to but for the cost of the day trip , you could , with planning , essentially book your own Ryanair direct tickets to Lapland from Dublin and spend a few days there at the Santa experience of your choice .
The plane that way would probably be a much more pleasant experience and definitely would be much better value.
If there had been a Canterbury rep on the plane yesterday I think it would have made an enormous difference.
The more I think about it , the Jet2 staff obviously feel they are nothing to do with Canterbury so why should they bother.
It was , for the huge cost , a let down. It would have still been a disappointment if the flights hadn’t been delayed but you could possibly have excused their lack of festive spirit with perhaps being too busy but as we were stuck on the tarmac for approximately 4 hours between the 2 flights - we were over 10 hours in a NON festive environment. Really not nice at all. And we don’t have small children.
There was a lovely northern English pilot that came out a few times to get his coffee . He was super friendly and he even hinted to the stewards that it would be nice to sing a few carols but the steward said they were too busy.
I hate writing negative things about such a magical day but it’s also a very , very expensive day so I do think it’s best to know , warts and all about the experience.
The main thing was Santa was magical. Well done Santa!Written 13 December 2022
- We had such a wonderful time with Kimmo, Olavi, and Paula. Kimmo and Paula are wonderful hosts, catering to our every need. Before we even arrived, Kimmo and Paula were busy coming up with an itinerary that would work the best for our family (an outdoorsy husband, a craft-and-food-loving wife, and two energetic boys with picky palates). Each meal was absolutely excellent (and to tell you the truth, I was rather surprised, since I had originally thought that Finnish food was supposed to be rather bland). We went snowshoeing, to a reindeer herd, sledging around Kaukonen, and we learned how to make Finnish treats like Pulla bread! I also was able to weave a beautiful table runner that I got to take home with me...talk about an amazing souvenir. Although we would spend hours a day with Paula, Kimmo, and Olavi, we never felt like we needed "alone" time. They were so warm and we talked about several things ranging from world events to Finnish culture to podcasts. So, yeah, this was one of my favorite trips I have ever taken. And the cherry on top of this beautiful sundae? Our very own private sauna!!! Go to mummola travels for an incredibly rewarding experience.Written 22 April 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Kittilä
- These are the best places for groups seeking tours in Kittilä:See more tours for groups in Kittilä on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for adrenaline seekers looking for tours in Kittilä:See more tours for adrenaline seekers in Kittilä on Tripadvisor