Points of Interest & Landmarks
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
17 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- I’ve visited a few times now, the most recent being in January this year. Different themes every year and the art and sculpture work never fails to amaze me! The rooms are incredible, absolutely love the place. The ice bar is very cool but this year found it to be very small (maybe covid related), nevertheless I didn’t miss out on an ice shot! I definitely recommend paying this place a visit if you’re in Lapland over winter.Written 28 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- When we planned our Lapland trip this was our granddaughter's choice for an excursion and it didn't disappoint. A five klick ride throught the forest and over a lake whilst snowing ( I would recommend goggles if it does snow) magical! And you can drive if you like. All topped off with being able to cuddle the puppies ( yes that is a grown up saying this !)Written 7 December 2015This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a beautiful place year round in Pokka Lapland. If you go here, you should also stop at the Pokka town which is only a gas station / bar but they have really good lonkero there!Written 3 March 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- You need to walk under 10min from your car to reach this beautiful spot. There is a lake, little water fall, bonfire place and rocks that will rock your boat. I really love this place and it suits for kids too as its easy to reach.Written 3 March 2018
- This is the house where Einari Junttila lived and worked. It is small but informative and full of paintings of different periods. His daughter conducts excursions, so u get information at first hand=) It is ideal when u have just couple hours. It works only on Thursdays, other days by appointment.Written 16 October 2014
- We had the luck to visit Lapland during the summer and stayed at the apartment at Maglelin Experience. The hosts were extremely friendly and welcoming. The apartment was modernized recently, is in perfect condition and is outfitted with absolutely everything you can think of. The apartment is an annex to the main house , so direct acoustic feedback from the kennel is guaranteed but the house has very good acoustic isolation. Absolutely no biggie. We were allowed to bring our own dog with us.
The scenic landscape starts at your doorstep, regardless if you like to stroll around and go for a mushroom foray or if you want to go hiking. Numerous encounters with reindeer and some elk nearly guaranteed. Pallas-Yllästunturi National Park and Lake Pallasjärvi are just 20 km away, absolutely beautiful and very good fishing grounds. Let's not forget Ruoppakongäs, which can be reached by car in just a few minutes. If you're traveling by 4WD as we did, there are some very interesting back roads to be explored legally.
All in all totally recommended, we loved it.Written 5 August 2022
- We went on the 5 km express run with my family, it was an amazing experience. Good to see how they enjoy what they are doing and how well the dogs are treated.:)Written 15 March 2022
- We had so much fun at their husky safari with our kids. It was more fun than we could ever imagine. High recommendations for everyone 🤩🤗Written 12 February 2022
- I have traveled to 76 countries and 7 continents, and this ranks among my all time favorite travel experiences.
First of all, the meeting place at the reindeer farm is located in a beautiful area— a real “middle of nowhere” vibe, in the best possible way.
My friend and I did the reindeer/ice fishing/snow-shoeing combo. I didn’t see this trio combined by any other outfitter.
Petra, our leader, is a real gem. She’s got a fantastic sense of humor and banters effortlessly with her guests. The entire program was perfect— nothing lasted too short or too long. Everything was just the right amount of time. Lunch was delicious too!
The reindeer are beautiful!! Sledding through the majestic winter surroundings was surreal, and something I’ll always remember. An absolutely magical experience.Written 27 February 2022
- Erwan was a great guide. You can tell he has a lot passion and great knowledge about the nature in Lapland. He was very adaptive and chose the perfect route for my very first snow shoeing hiking. The nature he showed me through the tour was absolutely stunning. It was definitely the highlight of my trip and I highly recommend his tours for anyone interested in exploring the natures in Kittilä.Written 22 March 2022
- Firstly the chartered BA trip was fine, no problems complimentary drinks and meals on the way out, complimentary drinks and sandwiches etc., on the way back.
When we arrived we had the number of the coach we were to take and Lee was waiting for us, transfers speedy, also a quick stop to pick up snow gear on the way.
Approximately one and half hour trip to the hotel, but kids entertained all the way, we had a meal and were told to meet up at 9.45 next morning. Kids were able to toboggan in the snow outside the hotel with sledges provided.
There were a lot of snow activities in the next two days which included the reindeer ride which was magical and the husky rides, and meeting the newest addition to the husky litter the children were allowed to stroke the 9 day old.
We found Santa in his house which was amazing even for adults absolutely magical, the elves were on hand at all times to entertain the children even far out in the fields as we journeyed in the coach.
Our guides were amazingly helpful especially Lee who worked so hard to give everyone a magical experience, at every stop there was hot berry juice to drink, and food provided.
Possibly one criticism was the return journey was chaotic at the airport we arrived there some two hours plus , and the place was heaving, very few places to sit, most uncomfortable.
Would I recommend this holiday for the kids absolutely our two grandsons had the best time ever, and sometimes people forget this is the reason we were here, if at times sleeping arrangements, food , were not to our liking what did it matter, still a magical experience, and well arranged everything fell into place.
Kids ids wereWritten 20 December 2019
- We had such a wonderful time with Kimmo, Olavi, and Paula. Kimmo and Paula are wonderful hosts, catering to our every need. Before we even arrived, Kimmo and Paula were busy coming up with an itinerary that would work the best for our family (an outdoorsy husband, a craft-and-food-loving wife, and two energetic boys with picky palates). Each meal was absolutely excellent (and to tell you the truth, I was rather surprised, since I had originally thought that Finnish food was supposed to be rather bland). We went snowshoeing, to a reindeer herd, sledging around Kaukonen, and we learned how to make Finnish treats like Pulla bread! I also was able to weave a beautiful table runner that I got to take home with me...talk about an amazing souvenir. Although we would spend hours a day with Paula, Kimmo, and Olavi, we never felt like we needed "alone" time. They were so warm and we talked about several things ranging from world events to Finnish culture to podcasts. So, yeah, this was one of my favorite trips I have ever taken. And the cherry on top of this beautiful sundae? Our very own private sauna!!! Go to mummola travels for an incredibly rewarding experience.Written 22 April 2017
- people of Mettanvaki are nice and their agenda of activities great. They are interested in keeping the visitors engaged with the activity. The guides are locals and kind and they share with travellers very insightful tips and information about the culture of the locals. Highly recommended travel services!Written 4 February 2019
- This is total waste of money! Please DO NOT GO THEREE! Nothing to do, just some colorfully lighted houses.Written 22 December 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Kittilä