- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
9 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- My friend and I joined our wonderful guide Leif on an ice fishing adventure and it was phenomenal! I caught two fish which was very exciting and I would definitely recommend this activity to all! It’s beginner friendly and Leif makes for a great instructor and his humorous nature makes the cold Abisko day more memorable! 5 stars!Written 22 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We booked two snow shoe tours. We had a great time. Both Ozzi and Juhani were great guides. Learnt a lot. Would highly recommend Xwander Nordic tours. Food was great after snow shoe.Written 9 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A great experience thanks to the guides who were always there to help. Our tours were accompanied by William mainly and I have only great things to say about him. We learned so many things about Finland, Lapland and Sami culture thanks to the organised cultural visits, and had a blast trying all the activities : snowmobile, husky sleigh, reindeer farm, arctic games, nordic walking, jumping into very cold water after the sauna sessions and so on. So a huge thank you to all the guides who were with us this week and I recommend to all of you readers if you're hesitating: don't. Go for it! The experience is amazing and the guide made it at least 9.7 times better ;).
I personally loved everything I tried, so I recommend trying everything if you can.
So thank you again to the whole team, the guides: Melissa, Yannick, Alex (I'm probably forgetting some, I'm sorry) and obviously William for sharing your tips, knowledge, time, smiles and jokes with all of us.
ThizirieWritten 26 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Thank you to Ivalo Safaris for the two wonderful experiences ...husky Safari and Aurora hunting Safari with dinner
We appreciate the two guides.
We also appreciate the fine food, beverages and snack offered.
I will suggest these two experience to all My friends!
We were so Lucky to see wonderful Northern lights!
Thank you to the team!Written 8 February 2020
- My family had this amazing husky safari (10km) and we enjoyed it. The three of us were all on the same sled and drove in turns and it was great! Dogs are very cute and affectionate and it is clear that they are loved.
An experience to do absolutely!Written 19 April 2022
- About 15 mins taxi from Ivalo airport for 40 Euros. stayed for 3 nights. Rooms were cosy and warm. Food was excellent with a variety of Finnish meals and good value. Unless you have a car I recommend eating in. Small kitchen for diy food, tea coffee etc. Lookout for the bear! The Huskys were the stars. You must do a trip. 4 hours was great fun. 2 to a sledge and 6 huskys. The guide was very knowledgeable and had a fab lunch. All in all a great stay to see the real Finland and saw Northern lights on the last night. Take a good camera to see all the colours.Written 14 November 2021
- I just went and made a u-turn on a sledge with 6 huskies in front of it - I loved it. I got great guidance and a great tour by a great team. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience and recommend this company to everyone around. We got thermo clothing and hot drinks and we did chase Auroras. Well the huskies did :-)Written 23 November 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Ivalo
- These are the best places for couples seeking nature & wildlife tours in Ivalo:See more nature & wildlife tours for couples in Ivalo on Tripadvisor