- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
6 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- I’d already visited a couple of very good cultural museums in Swedish and Finnish Lapland before I got here so I wasn’t expecting much that I hadn’t seen before. Boy, was I wrong!
I still spent a couple of hours here. Whilst there was a small overlap in subject matter, the presentation and display of the material was entirely different and absorbing. There are a lot of electronic, interactive displays allowing you to choose from 6 languages and to select the areas of information you are interested in. The museum covers Sami culture and lifestyle, past and present, the environment and seasons plus additional areas I haven’t seen elsewhere such as the impact of war and outdoor displays about trapping and reindeer herding, also with some activities.
There was an excellent temporary exhibition indoors and a large outdoor display area / walking trail.
There is also a café and shop with some excellent local crafts
This is a great museum and well worth any time you can manage to spend here. Highly recommendedWritten 6 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- we visited in Dec so it was frozen & covered in snow but this just brings a different kind of beauty and opportunities to the place. I would think its also amazing in summer for whole different reasonsWritten 5 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It was a great tour. Highly recommend it. We learned everything about reindeers and Sami culture. The guide was very nice.Written 15 December 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This remote chapel is a wonder. It is as though time stopped in 1895, and still in use we were told, but only for certain holidays and occasions.Written 15 June 2021
- There is some excellent craftwork in here along with materials to make your own pieces.
Unlike some Duodji I have seen that mostly focus on jewellery or knives, in addition to these there is also a lot of clothing in here, baby shoes, caps, belts, ties etc. There are also some smaller, more accessible pieces, simpler, smaller jewellery pieces and key rings for example.
The staff were informative and helpful and pointed out that the receipt also includes the name of the maker for the items purchased. A great connection to the piece. Highly recommended.Written 6 August 2023
- Visited this church on the way to see some reindeer. A rustic wooden building fashioned and decorated in the orthodox style. The internal design is simple, while retaining adherence to its religious foundation. In particular a simple wooden altar with an array of paintings of saints in the icon style as the altar piece/backdrop.
Above more paintings of angels in a circle surrounding an image of God.
This church is well worthy of a visit en route to another attraction.Written 3 March 2022