Free Things to Do in Inari
THE BEST Free Things to Do in Inari
Best Free Things to Do in Inari
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
4 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- This remote chapel is a wonder. It is as though time stopped in 1895, and still in use we were told, but only for certain holidays and occasions.Written 15 June 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- we just did parts of this, both at night & in the day, though mostly when out looking at Northern lights. Very well managed & fairly easy to navigate even in the snowWritten 5 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We started our hike from Tradition Hotel Kultahovi in Inari. We followed Juutua Trail (Juutuan polku) to Jäniskoski Rapids. After the suspension bridge we chose a separate trail to Otsamo Fell. The trail is marked well with signposts and red wooden poles. You don't need a map if you stay on the trail. The distance from Tradition Hotel Kultahovi to Fell Otsamo is about 9 kilometers and it takes 3-4 hours. So there and back it takes about 6-8 hours.
There aren't any services on the route, except for some campfire sites. On Otsamo Fell you find a free day hut and a dry toilet (take your own toilet papers with you). Going uphill the trail is quite deep. So it is a good idea to have hiking boots with good ankle support. You don't need wellies (rubber boots) if the weather isn't very rainy. There may be some mosquitoes in the forest (especially in July and August) but usually you don't see mosquitoes on the fell. Because of mosquitoes it isn't a good idea to wear shorts and a short sleeve t-shirt. I recommend wearing long sleeve clothes and a hat. Remember to take enough water or other beverages with you.
Hiking to Otsamo Fell is a bit challenging but absolutely worth the effort. The scenery is fabulous. It is very relaxing to enjoy views and silence on the fell.
If you don't want to hike 18 kilometers, you can walk to Otsamo Fell from another side. First drive to Rovajärvi parking place. From there the trail to Otsamo Fell is about 2.6 kilometers in one direction.Written 26 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Visited this church on the way to see some reindeer. A rustic wooden building fashioned and decorated in the orthodox style. The internal design is simple, while retaining adherence to its religious foundation. In particular a simple wooden altar with an array of paintings of saints in the icon style as the altar piece/backdrop.
Above more paintings of angels in a circle surrounding an image of God.
This church is well worthy of a visit en route to another attraction.Written 3 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.